17

Kaysia

I opened my eyes with the little strength I had left. The machines beep from the side of me. But when I looked around I knew I wasn't in a hospital. The room was unfamiliar , I felt my heart race as I looked around for something I knew. The machine started to beat loud alerting whoever had me here that I was up. I began removing the needles out of my skin. I hissed at the pain of my movements. The door busted open and in came Marcellus in a all white coat , he had on some scrubs and gloves on his hands ready for treatment. " Kaysia , sweet heart calm down. " He rushed to my side shutting off the machines. He took a look at where the IV use to be making sure I didn't puncture a vein. " Girl you cant be snatching stuff out like you in a movie" He said smiling at me.

Marcell helped me get resituated. He then checked my temperature , and my stitches along my wrist. " How are you feeling?" He rubbed my hand giving me comfort. Comfort that was unfamiliar to me. It was something I haven't felt in a long time.

" Im okay " My voice was hoarse my throat ached. He sensed it then grabbed me a cup of water off the night stand. I sipped from it , gulping down its contents. When finished I wiped my chin then handed him the empty cup. " Thank you. "

" Its no problem "

" So you a doctor huh?" I asked just to have a conversation. Besides I haven't seen him for a while.

" Not exactly. I have my PhD In dentistry. But I also took clinicals so I can do the minimum. " He looked down at me.

" Damn. for you not to know that much you did a pretty damn good job on me. I thank you " I said sincerely. " How did I get here , the last this I remember was . "

I couldn't even get it out. Suicide , I tried to kill myself. My head hung in shame.

" Hey, hey. " marcel said sitting on the bed. He put a finger under my chin then lifted my head. My eyes glossed as we made eye contact. " You will be fine kaysia. and how I know that is because you have a friend in me. I will never let you fall . " He said with so much honesty in his voice. I believed him.

Marcell was like a breath of fresh air. Who ever he ends up with will be hella lucky. I heard someone come in the room. I looked pass Marcell to see Vice looking back and forth between us. Rubbing his chin trying to connect the dots. " Dad " Marcell said not even bothering to look back. He knew what his dad was doing.

I laughed at the two. They were cute. " Im okay vice, and there is nothing going on - "

He held up his finger walking up to the bed " Yet. there is nothing goin on yet. I see it happening. Anywho step out for a minute son .. I need to talk to my future daughter - in - law. "

Marcell smiled at me , got off the bed then left me alone with Vice.

" I outta pop yo ass for doing what you did , but I know you were under stress. You don't have to apologize for it. Youre human. " He explained

With his words I no longer felt guilty , stupid but not guilty. I told him what had happen up to that point. Once I was done he was no longer smiling like he was when he first got here. " Im getting a divorce , I don't care if she pregnant or not. Im done "

" Im sorry you going through all of this I wish there was something I could do "

Deep down I knew that , but the only thing that can be done is for me to move on..

That day I was " Hospitialized " at vice house was months ago . 3 months to be exact. I was doing good for myself. I kept the promise I made to myself and stayed in Miami. I moved into a smaller house on the coast. No big windows or fancy grand doors. Just a simple home , 2 bedroom 2 bath since it was just me. Kema also been around more , so have Marcellus. Just as friends though.

Since that day I got up the courage to get the divorce papers , but his trifling ass didn't want to sign them. Typical Kaz. I never found out if the pregnancy rumor was true. Hell I didn't even bother to ask. I haven't seen him this whole time. But he do send letters through vice.

It took a lot of persuasion to keep vice from fighting with Kaz. He wasn't worth it. Vice had too much of a business to go to war with him. Speaking of the game. Im out of it for good. I left that shit alone where it was. I found a new building with new models to spread my part of Vixen Valentine. Matter of fact that's where im heading now.

The location was beautiful. Right on the street of many great companies. It fit in well. I parked my Porsche then got out in the summer heat. That's the downside of being here. I take about 3 showers a day. I would feel dirty if I didn't.

" Hey hey heyyyyyy ! " kema said to me as I came inside of the building. She was good in front of the camera. so I made her my head coach of posing for photography. All my girls eat. She turned around to face the girls that were doing some face exercises. " No Nikki , don't pout like that. It don't make you look cute at all. " she snapped

I laughed. She was a tough coach but she know they have potential. This location will have its grand opening in 2 weeks. That's what I was planning. A lot of publicity will be here. So I had to make sure everything was on point. As far as a DJ , décor, and catering it was done. The only thing left was the guest list. Of course vice and his people are invited. Hell some of them even work security detail for me when they not on a job. Valerie and omarion will be here. Those two finally made it official a while ago. I really want to invite Marcell , but I knew it wasn't his scene for real. I just really enjoy his company.

He is such the perfect gentleman. He have made it clear feelings are there. Yet he wouldn't feel comfortable until I was divorced. I agreed. As of now we are talking and going out some days but like I said only as friends. Do I feel bad? at first I did. I realized Kaz didn't feel bad for doing what he did to me. So , why not be happy. Once the guest list was finished I was just about ready to go when a knock came from my office door. " Come in " I called out while looking down writing a few notes for tomorrow.

I smelled his cologne as the door opened. I sat my pen down not bothering to look up at his face.

" Long time no see P "