𝗼𝗻𝗲

Bianca's POV

Bianca's POV

5:34 a.m. February.

I was in the backseat of my parents Jeep, on my way to my cousin Schneider's apartment complex. I have to live with him for the next 2 years because of my parent's decision to go to South America for 2 years.

"Mom, I really don't want to go." I complained. She turned to me and smiled.

"It'll be okay, mija." She grabbed my hand, "We'll be back before you know it. Your father and I will call you everyday." She promised me. I sighed and pulled out my phone to check the time. It was 5:36 in the morning. Way too early, especially for a Saturday. My parent's flight left at 7:45 that same morning.

•••

We pulled into the parking garage of the apartment complex and parked our car in the visitor area. I got out and saw Schneider waiting by the entrance door. He walked over to us and hugged my dad. They were cousins and both from Canada, and my mom was from Dominican Republic. ((Yes, I'm using my country. Dominicana para siempre.))

"Hola, Mia." Schneider hugged my mom. "Okay, let me try this time." Schneider asked. My mom reluctantly shook her head yes. "Buenos dias, tengan un vuelo seguro." ((Good morning, have a safe flight.))

My mom clapped her hands at how good Schneider's Spanish was getting. "Bueno, your Spanish is getting better." She complimented his Spanish and Schneider smiled. He turned to me and picked me up in a hug.

"Oh, my gosh. You've gotten so big!" Schneider squeezed me. I hugged him back and laughed. He put me down and helped get my things from my parents car. Once we got everything out, my mom started to cry a bit. She gave me a hug.

"Okay, mi amor, we have to go now." She cried. I cried a little too and opened up the hug for my dad to join. We hugged for another minute until I pulled away.

"Go, before you miss your flight and Mami messes up her make up." I told them and we laughed. I kissed my parents on the cheek and they got in their car. We waved goodbye to each other as they drove off. "I'm gonna miss them." I look up to Schneider.

"I know you will, kid." He pats my shoulder. "C'mon lets go get you settled in." I nod and Schneider grabs my suitcases and I grab my bags.

•••

We walk into his apartment and my I was in awe. I knew my parents apartment was a luxury apartment, but his looked like a full on condo. "Woah. Nice place." I said, walking around.