𝘁𝘄𝗼

6:56 p

6:56 p.m.
Alvarez Apartment.

I helped Elena set up the table while Alex and Lydia were finishing up dinner and Penelope and Schneider were finding tonight's game. "I made Ropa Vieja." Lydia said walking out of the kitchen. "And Alex made the salad. Que helpful."

"Alright, everyone grab a plate and dig in!" Penelope instructed us. "Alex, pull up a chair for Bianca."

•••

"Mmm. Lydia, this is so good." I compliment her cooking. It was honestly the best Ropa Vieja I've ever tasted.

"Ay, gracias mija." Lydia reaches for my hand. "I can teach you if you'd like."

"Sure." I smile. They're very welcoming. Elena then starts a conversation.

"So, Bianca, why are you living with Schneider now?" Elena asks as she puts the spoon of Ropa Vieja in her mouth. I finish chewing then start speaking.

"My parents are taking a two year business trip to South America and since I wanted to stay in L.A. Schneider offered to watch me." I explain. They all 'oh' and continue eating.

"So are you gonna start going to our school?" Alex asks. I shake my head no.
"My original school isn't too far from here." I say and take a sip of my water. "Plus, I don't think I wanna start a new school. I have bad social anxiety." I chuckle at the last part.

"Aww, that sucks mija. Well, if you do decide to go to their school, I'm sure Elena and Alex wouldn't mind being by your side." Penelope smiles.
I smile too and Alex says, "Yeah, I definitely won't mind." He flashes me that same charming smile. I just smile and look down at my food to try to hide my blushing.

"Anyways, we have a problem." Lydia pouts. I tilt my head in confusion and Elena immediately jumps in.

"Before you go on, abuelita, lets give Bianca my point. Bianca, how would you feel if you didn't want to do something, but your family is forcing you to do something just because of tradition?" She asks me.
"I wouldn't appreciate it. If I don't want to do it, then I don't want to do it." I explain. It was my honest opinion. Lydia scoffs.

"Wait till ju find out what we're talking about." She laughs and I look at her, asking for the answer, "Elena doesn't want a Quinces." My jaw drops.

"What? You have to!" I beg her. She shakes her head no, talking about how it's unfair. "Ay, it's just a fun party, you aren't going to be sold to a guy."
"That's what I said!" Penelope laughs and gives me a high five.

•••

Bianca's POV

7:24 p.m. Alvarez Apartment.

We all finished our food and decided that it would be fun to have a game night. Penelope pulls out a basket that has all sorts of games.

"So, Bianca, what game should we play?" She asks me. I stutter a bit to give my answer. "We've got Monopoly, Uno, Memory matches."

"Oh, Uno for sure." I say and Penelope gets out the Uno cards.
Everyone migrates from the table to the living room and claims their spot. There was only a space between Elena and Alex on the couch, so I sat there.

"I wanna start!" Alex shouted and placed his card down. He turns to me, wow, he's cute. "Bianca?" He asked. I snap back into reality and realize it's my turn.
"Yeah? O-oh my turn." I stuttered out. Can I be any more embarrassing? I place my card down and the game's goes on for a while.

•••

9:06 p.m. Alvarez Apartment.

"Jajaja, I won!" Lydia exclaimed as she threw her last card on the deck, it was a plus-4. I laugh at how excited she is and help Elena put all the cards away.

"I think my brother likes you." Elena said so casually. I quickly look up at her and laugh a bit.
"Yeah, right. We just met." I brush it off. I have a boyfriend, plus Alex and I just met a few hours ago.

"Hmm, I don't know, Bianca." Elena shrugs and places the cards back in the box.

"Okay, I think it's time that Bianca and I get back, it is a school night." Schneider calls the night to an end. I kinda pout a bit because I love being with the Alvarez's.
I go around and give everyone hugs, even Alex. "It was so great meeting you guys!" I exclaim and give everyone a hug once more. When I go give Alex a hug, he grabs my phone from my pocket.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he types something.
"Giving you my phone number." He says as if I was just supposed to know. "Oh, alright." I chuckle. His eyebrows go up as he hands my phone back.

"I put my number in, but "babe" texted you." He kind of rolled his eyes when he said that.
"Oh okay, thank you." I smile and head for the door. "I'll see you guys later!" I wave to them. They all say goodbye and wave back.

When I get back to Schneider's apartment, I throw myself on my bed, exhausted, knowing I have school in the morning. I do eventually get up because I have to shower.
When I get out of the shower, I remember that I still have to text Daniel, my boyfriend, back. I change into some pajamas and settle into my bed.

((B- Bianaca, D- Daniel.))

D: Hey, we need to talk.

B: Hey, babe. What's up?

D: I think we should break up. You've been so distant lately and honestly, I think I might like someone else.

I sat there confused, we were fine 3 hours ago. And he likes someone else? Who?

B: What are you talking about? Who do you like?

D: That's not important. What's important is that we're over.

B: Daniel, can't we just talk about this?

D: What is there to talk about? I don't have feelings for you anymore, it's over.

B: Wow, how nice of you to do it over text.

Daniel has blocked you.

This is bullshit. He treated me like shit and gets to walk away with the last word, he gets to break my heart. Unbelievable. I just go straight to bed.