𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

May

May. Sunday.

I was planning on hanging out with Alex tonight, but he has a Bar Mitzvah that he's going to. I text Rachel, asking her if she wanted to go to the mall. She said sure as long as I promised to buy her Starbucks.

I walk down to the Alvarez's because I remembered I left my lipstick in Alex's room. I leave it there sometimes so I can fix it before I leave his room.

"Hey, guys! Sorry to pop in, I just need to get my lipstick from Alex's room." I say but Penelope stops me. "Why would it be in Alex's room?"

"Uh... Because, it accidentally fell out of my bag when we were doing homework one time." I lie. Pen shrugs and I go grab it. I walk out and see everyone heading out. "Bye, Penelope!" I wave to her. "I like the suit, Alvarez." I compliment Alex and he winks. God, I'm not sure why that's so attractive.

I walk out and head to front lobby to wait for Rachel's mom to drop her off so we could take the public bus. When we get down there, there are cops standing outside, blocking the doors. "I'm sorry, but you have to head back to your apartments." One of them say. "There is suspicious activity going on around here."

Ugh! This sucks. "Aww, man!" Alex complains.

We walk back upstairs and are met with the door being locked. "Lupe! There is a murderer running loose!" Lydia calls for her.

"Coming! I'm coming!" Penelope opens the door. She's wearing a jump suit and her lipstick is smudged... There's a boy over! I would know.

"You look nice." Elena complimented her. "Too nice." I start walking around her. When they all walk away, I start asking questions. "So, Pen." I start, but Schneider walks in.
He says he has everything that you would need in a time like this.
Pen looks like she wants to say something, but I'm obviously in the way.

"Bianca. Can you go check on Alex for me?" She asks. "Sure, but," I reach into my bag and grab a make up wipe, "Your lipstick is smudged. Homework really got to ya?" Penelope rolls her eyes and puts a finger over her lips, basically telling me to not say anything. I nod and walk over to Alex.

He's sitting at the table, on his phone. "I'm sorry that you have to miss the Bar Mitzvah."

"It's fine. I can probably just face time them later." He says.

"Kids, why don't you go to your rooms until dinner?" Alex and I nod, but Elena says, "You want me to be in my room alone, me and my date?"

"Door open, feet on the floor, Alex and Bianca can watch you." Pen grabs our arms. "They'll probably be too distracted with each other to notice." Elena says, walking to her room and us following.