𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

School

School. August.

I haven't really talked to Alex since last night. I mean, we would say hi to each other in class, but we haven't talked other than that. I told Rachel about it and she thinks that Alex is bluffing. I mean, it's not like they're dating, they're like, talking? That's what Alex told me.

With Alex's mom, it's not like they can go out on dates.

I get to lunch and I really don't want to sit with Alex, but I don't want to drag Rachel out of that table just because I'm in my feelings. I sit down and Alex... Isn't here? And neither is Paige. What are they doin-

Oh, God. Ew! I didn't need to think that.

Never mind, Alex and Paige just sat down. "Hey, Alex, hey Paige." Hugo says. Oh, yeah, update. Hugo and Rachel are dating! Finally!

"Hey," He daps him up. Paige sits across from him and he sits next to me. "Um, Alex, why don't you sit next to me?" Paige offers, but more of like a "sit next to me, not her" type of way.

"Nah, it's fine." Alex denies her. Oop. She rolls her eyes, "So, what are we all doing this weekend?" Paige asks.

"Well, I'm going-" I start but Paige cuts me off. "Boring. Who else wants to talk?" I cock my head back and my jaw drops.

"Did she just- did this girl just-" I look back from Rachel and Paige. "Shit is about to go down." Jauquin takes a sip from his water bottle.

"Why are you so rude?" I ask her. "I haven't done anything to you, and if I have, please tell me so I can apologize because it really seems to be bothering you."

"I just don't like you." She says. "For what? Breathing? Because you're not very appealing, either, and I can tell you many reasons why I can't stand your ass."

"I don't have to like you." She sasses me.

"Yeah, but you should still respect people. I don't have to respect you because you're mean, childish, not funny, and just straight up disrespectful, but out of the kindness of my heart, I choose to respect you. I'm tired of you being mean to me for no reason." I get up and walk off.

"Bianca, wait up!" Alex catches up to me. "Not now Alex."

"No, wait." He finally gets caught up. "Why were you being so mean?"

"I wasn't being mean, I was being honest." I say, "Besides, why do you care? You should go talk to Paige, you know the girl you like." I mumble the last part to myself.

"What?" Alex asked. "Nothing." I shake my head.

"No tell me." Alex egged me on. Wait... I that an attitude I hear? "Why? It doesn't matter."

He stopped walking. "I just think it's kind of unfair that you're getting upset about this."

I stop walking too and turn around. "Who said I was upset?" I start raising my voice a bit.

"You won't even talk to me." Alex said while pointing at me. "I just don't want to talk to you about this!" I yell.

"Why not?" He yelled back. "Because when you were flirting with Dylan, I didn't ignore you."

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, when he slipped in chemistry, and you were all, 'Oh, Dylan.' The rest of class."

Flashback.

I sat back down. Alex seemed pissed for no reason. He's pissed because I helped a guy up? I'll give him something to be pissed about then. "Y'know, Dylan is kind of cute." I say casually. Alex looks up at me.

"Nah, I don't think so." He says, "Really? He could get it." I try to hold in my laugh. Alex rolled his eyes. Ha!

Flashback over.

"Oh, c'mon, Alex." I gesture with my hands while I talk, "I call him cute and you're mad?"

"Still, it's not like I said anything about it." Alex defended himself. "Alex, this is not the same!" I yelled.

"Why not?" He yelled back.

"Because I like you!" I blurt out. "Okay! And I'd get why you would like Paige. She's pretty, she's skinny, she's a cheerleader, she's popular." Now he's silent. "And I get that you don't like me like that, so now that you know, can we not talk about this?"

"Who said I didn't like you?" He said so softly.

"Well I would assume that, especially since you decided to give Paige, of all people, a chance."

"I thought you didn't like me like that." He confesses. "Whenever we would have a moment, you would say to forget about it."

"Only because I didn't want you to feel awkward." Now he's quiet and I feel stupid. "Forget what I said, this was a mistake." I start walking away.

"See! That, that is what makes me think that you don't like me." He said. I keep walking. "You don't want to talk about stuff! You're being stubborn."

"I don't care!" I shout back. "You don't want to get close to anyone because you're afraid you'll get hurt." He says.

I stop walking. Man, he was right.

Daniel hurt me.

People at my previous school hurt me.

My parents hurt me.

But Alex has truly never done anything to hurt me before. I hope he never does.

I turn around and start walking back to him. I go right up to him. I look him in his eyes. His beautiful eyes. I go on my tippy toes and kiss him.