𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

5 p

5 p.m. April.
Alvarez's Apartment.

I was sitting on Alex's bed doing homework when I heard Penelope yell, "Cathy! Come out of the bedroom!"

I laugh, "You heard her Cathy!" I yell back as a joke and Alex laughs with me.

"C'mon, I need to go give mom these chocolates to sell at work and abuelita to sell at Church." Alex gets up and grabs the fundraiser chocolates off his dresser. He's raising money for baseball and Volleyball is raising money the same way.

"Just sell them yourself." I say.

"Nah, I'm good." He walks out of his room. "Oye, mom. It's baseball fundraiser time again. Abuelita these are for you to sell at church, and mom these are for you to sell at work." Alex places them down and starts walking off. I grab his arm and pull him back.

"Got a great idea, sell them yourself." Pen pushes them back to him. "It'll be much more rewarding knowing you worked for that playstation youself. Go out there, go around the complex and sell them yourself."

"Aren't you worried about predators? I'm very cute." Alex points to his face.

I shrug, "He's got a point." I giggle.

"I'm not worried, your abuelita will be right behind you at all times. Bianca's selling them on her own, why not join her." Pen points to me.

"I bet I could sell more than him." I whisper to her. She nods and smiles.

"Wanna bet?" Alex starts. I nod and stick my hand out to shake on it. "Whoever sells more by Friday gets..." Alex thinks.

"To get out of chores for the whole weekend." Pen suggest. Me and Alex's jaw drops.

"The whole weekend? Bet!" I shout.

•••

Bianca's POV

7 p.m. Alvarez's Apartment. Tuesday.

"Okay, I've got all the decorations." I say walking into the Alvarez's apartment for the last minute birthday party we're throwing for Pen's boss. "Umm, blue paper plats, party hats, and the center piece is drying upstairs."

"Thanks, Bianca." Pen grabs the box from me, "Are you gonna stay in your sweats?"

"I'll go change into something more party like." I nod and hurry upstairs to change and grab the center piece. I change into a dress and clip my hair back. I grab the center piece from my floor and start to head out. Wait... House full of customers? Let me grab the chocolates.