𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

March

March. Baseball Field.

Alex mad a homerun, and we all started chanting. "Dale, papito, dale!" Pen started and we all joined. "Dale, papito, dale!" Then Lydia took out the Cuban Flag. I started laughing. "That's new, where'd you get that?" Pen asked.

"Walmart!" She exclaimed. "Dale, papito, dale!" We continue.

•••

The game finishes, and our team won. Alex walks up to us and I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him and he hugs me back. "You did so good!"

"Dale, papito, dale!" Pen sings out. They all walk up in front of us, singing and chanting, "What's wrong?" I ask. "You look upset."

"Nothing, it's just-" Alex gets cut off by some random guy yelling, "Build the wall!" I look up and see some kids laughing from their bus. I scoff. "Who the fuc-"

Alex grabbed my arm said, "Ignore them."  I looked at him confused. "What, why?"

"It happens sometimes, it doesn't matter." He said, pulling me away. "Alex, you're insane if you think I'm not going to say anything."

"Just forget about it, Bee. It's not important." Alex doesn't look back at them. I look up and flip them off.

"Aww, did I hurt your feelings?" One of the kids pouts sarcastically. I stop walking and start yelling, "Listen hear-" I start, but Alex picks me up and starts walking away. "Hey! I wasn't finished!" I yelled and he continued walking towards the car.

I don't care if I see those hoes on the street, at school, even walmart, I'll still beat them.

What a great start.

•••

"Woo! What a game, papito!" Pen exclaimed. Lydia held a fake phone up to her ear. "Hello, Dodgers? You want Alex Alvarez? We'll think about it!" They all laughed and complimented Alex on his game.

"Papito is the best, from the east and to the west..." Pen started thinking outloud. "He's a base ball slugger and a real good hugger!" We all laughed and Pen continued singing. "Papito is the best, from the east and to the west, he's a baseball slugger and a real good hugger-"I started snapping and clapping, going with their beat.

"Oh, my God! Shut up!" Alex yelled. Way to kill the vibe. We all stopped moving and Elena and I basically stopped breathing. He was about to get his ass beat in front of us, I could feel it.