𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

Friday

Friday. August.

Alex and I are walking home from school. "What are you doing this weekend?" Alex asks. "I don't know. Maybe shop, hang out with Rachel, go over to your place because Schneider's place is boring."

He laughs and remembers, "Oh, Finn sent me this video of a Kangaroo that doesn't have a pouch." Alex gets excited. I scrunch my eyes brows together, "Ew, why?"

"Because, have you ever seen and Kangaroo with out a pouch?" Alex asks as he unlocks the door. When we walk in, everyone was staring at us. "What?" I ask but then gasp. "Is there a bug on me?!" I scream.

"No. Nothing is on ju." Lydia says.

"Yeah, you guys are just perfect. Just stay there so I can remember you this way." Pen pouts. "I'm confused... Whatever it is, I'm positive it has nothing to do with me." I place my bag down.

"Finn sent me a video, have you seen my laptop?" Alex asks. "No!" They all scream. Alex and I jump back a bit.

"Alright, everyone out, I need to talk to them." Pen sighs. Me and Alex sit down and Pen sits at an awkward distance from us.

"Seriously, what is going on?" Alex asks, "And why do I need to be part of it?" I ask.

"Don't worry, you guys aren't in trouble." Pen nods, "It's just about... Sex."

"Oh, God!" Alex covers himself with a blanket. "Why am I here?" I repeat myself.

"Ay... Okay. It is totally natural to be curious about sex... If you guys ever have any questions, I want you to come to me... Do you guys have any questions?"

"Yes... Why am I here?!" I ask ONCE AGAIN.

"I just want you to know that sex... Can be a really beautiful experience."

"Ay." Me and Alex groan. "I know!" Pen exclaims, "But then there is reality and there's porn!" She says.

"Why. Am. I. Here!" I put my face in my hands, "Whatever you're talking about, it has nothing to do with me."

"For instance, two women with one man, its-"

"What are you talking about?" Alex takes the blanket off, "You can do that?" He asks.

"Oh, hush, you knew that." I roll my eyes. "Alex, it's okay. I know you were watching a video like that on your computer. Or, you." Pen points to me.

"What, no I wasn't."

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not, I know you put stuff on my computer that tells you everything I look at." Alex tells her and she starts nodding. "Th-that's right. And that's how I found out about that."

"Well, it isn't mine. I've spent my whole life trying to avoid this conversation." Alex promises her. Then they both turn to me. "It isn't mine!" I say.

"Well then whose is it?" Pen asks. I look at her, "Was it you?"

"No! It wasn't." She quickly says. Then Alex's eyes widened. "Abuelita?!" We all shook out head no in disgust. Just then, Elena came through the door.

"Hey guys. I'm exhausted. Goodnight." She waves to us and walks to her room. Then Lydia stuck her head out of the curtain. "Elena!"

"I'm gonna go do some homework." Alex and I slowly make our way to his room. "Yeah, uh, me too. Good luck with that sex talk." I wave to her.

"Ay, dios mio. That was terrible." I open up my bag and take out my Math text book. Alex sighs, "I know. I never want to go through that ever again."

"You think Elena will come out to your mom now?" I ask him. He shrugs, "Who knows? I mean, I accidentally told Schneider when I was looking up info on lesbians."

I started laughing, "Why were you looking that up?"

"Because I wanted to know if they liked guys too."

"What, did she give you the broccoli cauliflower conversation?" I joke. He nodded. "Wait that's a thing?"

"Alex, Bianca, ven aca!" Lydia called to us. We get up and walk over to her, "Let's practice the dance some more, si?" Lydia basically constructs us.

"Abuelita, we've practiced the dance for most of the week, can we take a break?" Alex asks. "Yeah, and her quinces isn't for another few months." I back him up.

"Jajaja, que funny." Lydia lets out a dry laugh, "You two need to be very good because I want ju in the front row."

I sigh and stick my hand out for Alex to grab. He grabs my hand and pulls me toward him. Lydia starts the music and starts counting, "One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Closer." She pushes us closer together. I can't help but smile. A big goofy smile, at that.

"What are so smiley about?" Alex smiled back at me. That feeling was back. Now I want to kiss him.

"Nothing." I giggled. Lydia then left to go get something from the kitchen. I should just tell him. "Can I tell you something?" I ask him.

"Anything." He says. "Can I tell you something, too?" I nod.

"You can go first." I say. He's hesitant to talk. I raise my eye brow and tilt my head. "What is it?"

"Um..." He starts. He's really scaring me now. "So I was on the phone with Paige last night and, uh, she told me that she liked me."

I laugh a bit, "We been knew that."

He chuckles a bit and continues. "Well she asked me out..." I nod. "And I said yes."

"What?" I ask in disbelief. Alex and Paige? Of ALL girls, her? "I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but, why?"

"I'm not sure. We're just talking, though." Huh? What do you mean you're not sure? "She's always flirted with me, and I think the person I like doesn't like me like that, so, why not give her a shot."

"But," I sigh to hold in the cry I wanted to let out, "She's rude. Like, have you not seen how she treats people? Like she can't even look at me without giving me a stank face."

"She isn't perfect, but that's okay." Alex shrugs. I pull away from him, "I'm gonna head out." I nod and walk to his room to get my backpack.

"Wait, Bianca, are you mad?" He chases after me. "No, I just want to go home." I step out of his apartment. "I'll see you at school tomorrow."

Teehee I skipped the summer