𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

October

October.

Schneider, Alex, Elena and I walk into the hospital. "Hi." Pen says, walking out of Lydia's room and giving us hugs.

Schneider started listing all the things he got for Lydia. "The surgery went well. Now she's in, what we call, a medically induced coma. We just have to wait for her to wake up."

"She's gonna wake up, right?" Alex asked. "Yes. You know she doesn't like to be rushed. My wedding started late because she had to fix her tiara." Pen tries to lighten the mood.

Elena started crying a bit and I rubbed her arm. "No crying. You know your abuelita hates everything about crying."

"She did tell me tears were the pee pee of the face." I say. "Good vibes is what we're taking in there." Penelope instructs us and we follow her in.

"Hi, Mami. Look who's here!" We all start unloading the stuff Schneider brought. A nurse walked in and Penelope rolled her eyes. "Hi, Nurse Walley."

I see Elena, standing there, looking broken. I hug her side. "It'll be okay."

"Why don't you guys go get some food from the cafeteria?" Penelope asks us. "It's okay. You guys can go. I'll stay here." Alex says.

We head out and I immediately feel sick. "I'm gonna sit down." I sit in one of the chairs outside her room. "I'm not feeling too well."

I've only known Lydia for two years, but I feel like she's been there for me my whole life. I see Dr. B walk up and he waves. "Hello, Bianca. How is she?"

"She still hasn't woken up yet. Alex is in there now." I point to her room and walk in with him. He starts talking with Alex. "You know she can't be rushed." Alex says. "Would you tell a rose to bloom faster?" We say at the same time, mocking her beautiful accent.

"Oh, hi Doc." Pen walks in. "Hello, I hope I'm not intruding."

"No, no. The more the merrier." Pen hugs him. "Alex, lets go. Your sister says that the cafeteria food is a conspiracy to keep people sick. So it's all aboard the train to Panda Express. Bianca, lets go."

"It's fine. I'll stay with her."

"Text me if anything." Pen nods and they all walk out. I sit on the chair by Lydia's bed.

I smile but then fear washes over my face. "You're not wearing earing!" I quickly take mine off and put them on her. "Don't worry. I'll never speak of it."