22

"Is my son already here?"

"No, sir. Today he will be coming in in the afternoon."

"Did he tell you why?" Mr Cho asked questioningly. Seungyoun's secretary smiled knowingly.

"Today is the anniversary, sir. He's visiting to pay respect."

"Ah, right! It's today." The elder nodded understandingly before dismissing the latter and called his wife.

"Honey, call Seungyoun home. He will need us by his side. Last time we forgot about this, he got drunk in a club."

::

"It's done sir."

Seungyoun nodded as he watched the families from afar and walked back to his car. He stopped to his track when he heard her voice.

"I'm alright mom." 

Hana's voice sounded so melancholy he held back from running to her. Its been a week since they last seen each other. He stepped back to his car when she passes so that she wouldn't see him.

"This is the first time you coming here. Of course I'm worried. You were crying so much.." Her mother said. Hana replied something but she was too far for him to hear.

"I did that to her." Seungyoun said inwardly and slid into his car when his phone rang.

"Eomma?"

"Can you come home today? I'm cooking!"

"I still have-"

"Just come home or I'll be sad!" Mrs Cho said and hang up making her son looked at his phone questioningly.

"No drinking today, I guess."

::

Erin nodded and gave a few of her views regarding the new car design. She tapped on the table a few times when her mind starts to wander off but she kept her face serious.

Then some songs randomly played in her mind.

Chani's song.

Erin sighed loudly without her knowing. She rubbed her temple briefly. 

The employees straightened up.

"I-Is there anything not to your liking, sajangnim?" The presenter asked hesitantly. Erin looked up, realizing the presentation has ended.

"Send a copy of the first design and the third one to me. I'll review it once more before I choose the final one. Dismiss." Erin said and left the meeting room.

Putting on her coat, Erin rummaged through her purse for her phone. 

"Did I left it on the table...oh well."

She was about to unlock her car when she noticed the person leaning back to her car.

"Finally looking up."

"What are you doing here?"

"To see you, obviously."

Erin looked at him boredly, pushing him to the side and unlocked her car.

"Reject me properly."

"What?" She paused.

"Say it to my face."

"Kang Chani, you-"

"I know you always had feelings for Seungyoun hyung-"

"You're the one who went silent, you stupid mafia idol." Erin punched his stomach lightly. "You had the audacity to come here and tell me that I like that monkey? Where did you get that idea?"