Chapter 6

~~ I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
                      Philippians 4:13(NKJV)~~

    Caleb had really been there at the dinner party. He had worn a black tuxedo with a golden tie that marched her dress.

    She flung herself into his embrace and was still giggling when she released him. 'Caleb, what are you doing here?' She couldn't contain her joy and hugged him again.

    'Wow babe, you look really stunning. I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I didn't show up.'

    'Thank you babe.'

    'I am happy you were surprised.'

    She grinned and took his hand to lead him to the seat Sammy had kept for her.

    He drew her back. 'That's just one seat Angel, besides,' he winked. 'I already have seats reserved for us.' He gestured towards the front seats of the hall.'

    She stood still. 'How did you get all these arranged without me knowing?' Her hands were on her hips.

    'There is absolutely no way I'm telling you.' When he saw her expression, his brain told him she'd keep pressing for an answer until she was satisfied. 'Just a few calls here and there with an exchange of little things, voila, you have a happy and surprised girlfriend.' He stood straight smiling.

    'Hmm, I wonder what those exchange of things are.'

    He leaned into her and whispered into her ears again. 'I think we are creating a scene. Let's go to our seats.'

    'Okay!' she turned and retrieved her purse from Chris's table before heading out with her new companion. Chris and the others forgotten.

    Caleb was taking Tobi to where the life of the party was, the place Sean had commented on choosing for them was were Caleb directed her to.

    He held out the chair for her to seat and took the only empty seat beside her. Of all the tables and chairs she had seen this evening, only theirs had been set for two people. Everybody was staring at them. They were waiting for the occupiers of the seat to arrive.

    'How do you like it?'

    'I love it.' She wasn't expecting the night to turn out like this but she was definitely loving it. She came here with Chris in hope of having a quiet dinner. Chris! She hadn't meant to run off and leave him hanging but she didn't know Caleb would come and she couldn't blame him for surprising her. She brushed it aside and made a mental note to apologize to him when she saw him.

    As for the dinner, she was going to enjoy every bit of it.

    'I knew you would.' A person dressed as a waiter came to their table and dropped two plates of small chops and a bottle of wine.

    'Thanks Jack.' Caleb smiled and opened the wine bottle.

    'You got me baby, you got me real good.' He smiled handing her the glass of wine he'd poured.

    She turned to face the stage and listen to the MC talk and pass the microphone to the Law Students Association President. About an hour ago, they'd taken a sheet of paper and voted for the person they thought was best dressed. Her and Caleb's name were nominated.

    'I have the honour of announcing the results for the best dressed male and female, this shouldn't come as a surprise to most of us. Our winners won by a large margin. Our winners are Miss Tobi and Mr Caleb.'