Last Chapter: Did Someone Say Forever?

~~The end of a thing is better than its beginning, and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. Ecclesiastes 7:8(NKJV)~~

Six Months Later

The doorbell rang and Tobi didn't waste time attending to the visitor. She needed a clear head if she wanted to deal with a wailing child.

The bell ringer continued the act for the next two minutes. 'I'm coming!' She shouted opening the door. 'Why are you always so crazy? Dami's crying nonstop and here you are, a grown man, playing with my doorbell.'

'Hi.' Chris greeted sheepishly and entered the house.

'Hi.' She replied turning to hide her smile.

'I got you another size.' He said cheerfully following her into the room.

'I hope it fits.'

'It does. The jeweler said size 8 fits almost every woman.'

'Let's see then.' She picked Dami up, held her to her side using her hip for support. Chris inhaled severally before going on one knee.

'Tobi, I've waited for more than ten years to tell you how I feel. I know I messed things in the past but I've grown passed that man. Everyday since our dinner six months ago, I've dreamt of the right time to ask you to marry me and the right way to propose. You've also helped me grow spiritually and hearing the Word of God from you has made me love you even more. I thank God for making you pissed that you left school, if not, you would never have found Jesus. I'm happy for the privilege you gave me to know Dami and I hope you'd give me the opportunity to bring her up as my child and you'd also give me the privilege to love and care for you, be there for you and inspire you to get better. I will also not forget, see you grow with our babies and be by your side when you bring them into the world and we train them to be like their mother, strong, smart, beautiful and a lover of God. I know I might seem forward but marry me Tobi.' Tobi sniffed in and threw her head back in laughter.

She let Chris slip the ring into her finger before she gave her reply. 'Okay.'

'Okay? The first time you said yes, now, okay?' He stood up with his hands on his waist.

'Yes! I already said yes the first time.' She replied and faced the light. 'It's beautiful.' She whispered.

'It's the same ring babe.'

Babe. She smiled as she faced him and handed the baby to him. 'I'll give you a 90.'

'What's a 90?'

'Your speech. It wasn't as nice as the first one.' That day, Dami cried non-stop and when Tobi saw Christopher on his knee, she begged him to get up. It got so bad the owners of the restaurant came to inquire what was happening. When the owners came, Tobi burst into tears.

'I thought you couldn't hear all of it?'

'Your voice was well heard all over the place.' She brought out a small box from her drawer and gave it to him. 'Look inside.'

'Tobi this is another engagement ring.' Chris said confused.

'Yap, it's my family's ancestral ring. I'll like to wear it. Please...'

'Oh! How long did you have it?'

'Four months ago.'

'What?'

'Relax. My mother gave it to me and asked me to give you. She claimed you were soon going to ask me to marry you.'

Chris stood there analyzing what he just heard. 'So, you let me suffer for two weeks because I thought you needed to wear your ring while you had the ring you were going to wear all along?'