Chapter 11

~~Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed and be still.
                               Psalms 4:4(NKJV)~~

'What's up man, are you not coming?' Sean's deep voice resonated but didn't make the door open sooner than eight minutes later. He was greeted with Chris' swollen eye bags and bloodshot eyes. 'You okay?' He pushed the door a little further and entered.

'I am. I can't come with you and Sammy again.'

'Why?' Sammy strolled inside the room to stand in front of Chris' table. 'You look sick man?' He made eye contact with Sean through the mirror.

'I'm okay. I slept late and just woke up. You people better leave now or Tobi will get there before you.'

'Are you sure you don't want company? Lizzy can come over and stay with you.' Sammy said applying gel to his hair brushing it back severally until it have him his desired result.

'Yeah, she didn't even look too excited about going.' Sean chipped in.

'It's fine, if she doesn't want to go she can stay at home but not here. I want to be alone.' He steps he took to the bed were calculated and slow.

'Okay then, bye!' They said but remained on the same spot. Chris rose his head to find them staring at the bouquet of flowers.

'Leave them there.'

'I thought you bought them for her?'

'Yeah but I don't want to give them to her anymore.'

'Okay, see you later then.'

True to Chris' words, Tobi beat them to it. They found her sitting alone in the waiting area. As soon as she spotted them, her eyes brightened and her cheeks lifted expanding her lips ear to ear.

Sean got to her before anyone else and pulled her into his embrace.

'Hi Tobi, welcome back.'

'Thanks.' She released him, lowered her eyelids and looked round the waiting area.

'Well, it's just us.' Lizzy said.

'Yeah, Chris didn't look fine when we saw him this morning.'

'Oh, okay.' She nodded in understanding.

'You look fantastic, I like your hair.' Lizzy commented putting her arm around her as they walked away.

The music from the stereo played softly on their way back.

'I've moved back into school hostel. NDDC to be precise.' She announced. They looked at each other before giving her a reply.

'That's convenient. Your car also got fixed.'

Tobi's face shone with excitement. 'Really, who did it?'

'Me, Sean and Chris. We wanted to surprise you.' Sammy faced her with a big grin that she reciprocated.

'Wow! I got so preoccupied I didn't remember I had to fix it. Thanks guys. That must have really cost a fortune.'

They remained silent.

'I've got an idea, why don't you, Sammy and Chris use the car for the time being?'

Sean and Sammy's heads bumped into each other facing her. She chuckled.

'Really, why?'

She shrugged. 'Nothing much, I reasoned that having two cars for a student was not necessary and too expensive for me to maintain so since you guys fixed it, you can have it.' She said. 'For now!'