♡༉ e.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

We were gradually getting closer.

While all the other people in the school, other than your friend circle of four amazing people, wondered about you; you & I hung out together, in the library, during lunch, and most of the other times, sparking gossips and rumours.

My best friend, who was on a trip to Hawaii – Kaleb – was the first one to ask me about all the gossips and rumours circulating in the school when he came back.

I was stunned when he told me about how the girls were jealous of me. Apparently you & I had some sort of chemistry that sizzled more & more with every passing day.

I brushed it off, introducing Kaleb to you. Didn't go like I expected.

Kaleb's overprotective nature and your sassy remarks didn't sit well.

Kaleb warned me about you. I brushed it off laughing, assuring him that you were fine. And Kaleb was quick to pick up the hints of my blossoming feelings towards you. Kaleb understood, just urged me to stay on my tippy toes.

Talking all day long didn't seem enough for both of us. Our day long chats gradually bled into nightfall, and soon we found ourselves staying awake and talking with each other till three a.m. on a daily basis.

Me: I want a tub of ice cream all to myself and I'm ready to sell my soul for it.

Kay: What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

Me: Cookies N Cream. I also like vanilla-chocolate swirl, innuendo included.

Kay: It's 1 am, stop throwing innuendos.

Me: I was just kidding - I am innocent.

Kay: Don't know about the innocent part, or do I? Haha, but yes you're so tiny & cute though, what are you again? 4"1'?

Me: You bloody giant, I am 5"4'.

Kay: How is the weather there, shawty?

Me: Why don't you come down here and check the weather yourself ?

You didn't answer for some moments, and I patiently waited – that's what we did. We didn't hang up abruptly, we had reasons and we waited.

Kay: Yo, come down to your backyard.

Me: Why? To be attacked by werewolves?

Kay: No, I am standing in your backyard with two tubs of cookies n cream, sunshine.

I ran to the window to find you actually standing there, in my backyard. I squinted my eyes to find you waving at me.

I rushed to the backyard as quietly I could, good thing my house was spacious and my parents were almost on the other side of the house.

"What- I- Kay, this is such a pleasant surprise, oh my God," I laughed as I stood in front of you on the cool grass, the place bathing in the soft buttermilk glow of the full moon.

"Ice cream for you ma'am, from just round the block."

"I could definitely get used to this."

"Now give me your soul, payment, remember?" You chuckled, sitting on one of the benches in the backyard.

I gasped dramatically, snatching one of the ice cream tubs from your hand and taking a place beside you,"Take my soul, Satan. Anything for ice cream, to be honest."

You looked at me and started laughing quietly,"Spongebob pajamas? Seriously?"

I looked down at my pajamas and blushed furiously.

"Shut up, forget you ever saw this."

"Naw," You drawled out in your silly accent, slinging one arm over my shoulder,"Your Spongebob pajamas persuaded me not to take your soul."

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -