♡༉ w.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

It was your birthday.

I was the very first one to wish you, and the dazzling smile of yours was enough to make me forget about the guilt that had been brewing in my chest since the past few days.

You were literally the man of the hour when you stepped into the hallway - everyone was dying to wish you & hand you their presents.

In lunch, you had dragged me aside to tell me how my birthday gift to you was the best and the most genuine.

I had smiled, but when I caught the sight of you brushing off Lyla when she came to wish you - I felt a pang of anger.

You were at fault - you had told me all of it, and you were the one who initiated it, even though you had a girlfriend.

Then why were you acting as if it was all her fault?

Deeley had thrown you a surprise party and I had dragged Kaleb along with me - much to his protests. Eli couldn't make it. And I simply didn't have the energy to face all of you alone.

As ironic as it was -- once you were the one who energised me the most, and now you are the one draining me the most.

The party went pretty smoothly, and everything was going well, until you had pressed a kiss to my forehead when Kaleb and I were just about to leave, and declared that you were my best friend and that you were absolutely lucky to find me.

Kaleb had tugged me to him, gotten our coats and had thrown you a dirty look. "Her only real friend here is me," He had replied loudly, and then we were gone.

I hadn't bothered to interrupt - because even if Kaleb had said that in the wrong way, it was completely true.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -