♡༉ e.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

They say you would do anything to make your close ones happy. To see them smile.

I never knew when I started listening to your favourite bands. I never knew when I started dressing up in your favourite color. I never knew from when I started losing interests in other guys because all I wanted was you and you were right there, with me.

Kaleb told me I was falling for you. I denied it, saying how we were nothing but friends ; he scoffed and called me blind.

What was up, Kayden?

Did every guy go on to spend days & nights after nights talking with his friend ; ignoring his girlfriend on most occasions?

Did every guy call his friend instead of his girlfriend while he was high as fuck and asked her to come over so that they could talk and eat ice cream and laugh at crappy jokes?

I didn't know, so I asked all my guy friends, twisting the whole narration and making it sound like a story. They would laugh and tell me how the guy in the story was smitten.

Did every guy who had a loving girlfriend tell his closest, oldest friends about how he liked this other girl named Elaine so much?

Probably not.

But you did. You did all of it and I came to know about it when Deeley called me in a haste telling me how you accepted that you liked me and how you were blushing so much but also looked so radiant.

Kenneth texted me asking about your girlfriend and told me how he mistook me as your 'girlfriend' because you still talked about me just as much as you did before, if not more ; but you didn't talk about Amelia.

I felt happy. Ecstatic. I didn't feel bad for Amelia then. I was too lost in the joy. But somehow, some part of me that believed that we were never meant to be ; snatched some of my happiness, some of my joy.

But of course, all the worries vanished as soon as your three a.m. self's soft chuckles vibrated across my skin – your head on my shoulder, us sitting quietly in our backyard.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -