♡༉ e.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

You approached me the next day -- you approached me and I didn't miss the storm brewing in your heart that was mirrored in your eyes.

"I can't do this anymore."

I had worried my bottom lip into my mouth, nervously asking you about it -- even though I clearly knew what it was that you were angry about.

"So Kaleb is your only real friend here, huh?"

"I am sure he only didn't mean it the way you are think-"

"Elaine," You had spoke lowly, stunning me to silence,"This is not the first time he had said such things. Do you know how many times he has said such mean things to me? What did I ever do to him?"

You had played with my feelings. I wanted to scream at you. You made me lose myself.

I would never know your side of story -- why you did what you did. Was it all just a butterfly effect? Was it all just bad luck? Was it all unintentionally messed up? Or, was it all intentional?

You had said things -- things that I still can't forget. Or maybe it was the way you said it that has my heart aching everytime I think of it.

"Kayden, please. I understand, but you should try to understand it that-"

"No, Elaine! I have had enough, okay? If he wants to act like a kid and do such things -- he can do whatever he wants. And you can do whatever you want to! Sometimes I can't even understand if you care about me!"

And there were the words, the words that had strung the wrong chords of my heart.

"Kayden," I had sniffled,"I am getting late for practice."

"Sure, go. Go to Kaleb, why don't you?"

I had tried hard to hold back the tears as I stormed off towards practice. But as soon as I had walked around the corner -- Kaleb had grabbed my arm and had engulfed me in a tight hug. From the little hum in his chest, I could feel the rage seething inside him.

"What did he do, El?"

I kept quiet, but the silence tortured me even more. And so, I told him -- I told him everything.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -