e p i l o g u e

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

Dear Kayden,

I found it the hard way -- you were the storm. Haha.

I hope everything I have written in these bunch of papers will help you understand my side of story - and will probably help you understand my perspective a bit better.

I know you often wonder - or at least wondered - if I ever wrote about you. And if you're reading this, you probably know the answer - yes, I wrote a lot about you. In fact, I still write about you sometimes, but they are just recollections of all the happy times we spent together.

If you ever doubt that I don't think of you anymore - which I know you must do - because you're just the type of person who often fails to see his own worth. Don't. Don't ever doubt my admiration for you, because it has been several, several months, and yet when I look back at our times together, I think only high of you.

I am sure you have your own reasons which explain why you did what you did - and I would love to know about them if you ever find it in your heart to tell me about all of it. But that would probably only be possible if I can ever gather enough courage to hand you these papers. And I truly wish to garner enough courage to leave these letters for you - someday.

I often wonder -- from the very day we walked out of each other's lives -- do you miss me? Because I do, I miss you, I miss us, a lot. But was it so easy to replace me? I can see it in the way you laugh around Allison, I can see it in the way her eyes shine when she is around you -- a chemistry in the air that had apparently been there during our time too.

I just wish that our story could have ended differently - none of us were bad guys, then why didn't our story get a chance at a happy ending? A good friendship would have been great, yes?

And whenever I find myself wondering that, Eli - who has still stuck by my side, and has been handling me whenever I end up crying tornadoes - reminds me that some relationships aren't just meant to last. Kaleb & I's friendship reminds me that friendship, in fact every relationship, is hard -- but it needs equal enthusiasm & healthy efforts from both sides.

Such relationships - relationships like the one you & I shared - are like supernovas, they can glow and light up the paths for so long before they burn out too. And we didn't know what to do in the dark, Kayden, we are only teenagers - so young and so helpless. We didn't know what to do, and we didn't deserve even half of what had happened to us.

I just hope that someday we will grow enough to give our friendship another chance, and I just hope that someday our hearts will be built strong enough to last more than a night.

The whole ordeal -- the thing that happened between you & I -- I would never know what to name it. But I know that I have lost people I held dear to me, and I can only wish to grown strong enough to make amends with everyone I have hurt, to try to get back every dear person I have lost.

But one good thing did come out of all of this -- I grew as a person. I have learnt to move on from shallow relationships & friendships, I have learnt to love people harder, I have learnt to be a better person. I have learnt to be more considerate of other's feelings. I have learnt to forgive people, learnt to forget people and move on.

I am doing well, things could be better, but they could be worse too, & I am grateful that things are okay. I hope you have been doing fine too, for I wish nothing but the best for you.

And, I am sorry, I really am. Because - Kayden, we drowned in the waves of the words we never said.

And we didn't deserve it. Our relationship didn't deserve to die like that - passionate and young and naive, flailing helplessly in the sea of broken promises and empty words.

I hope both you & I, and everyone else who had suffered along with us - find the happiness we deserve.

Yours truly,
Elaine.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

A/N : And, this is the official ending of the book!

One of the main motives of this book is to show that there is no perfect ending always. As quoted by many wonderful writers like @sonderingly & @archertypes - life is not a fairytale.

So, if you have any more questions, feel free to drop them - so that I can answer them in the next chapter! I really hope you liked this book.