♡༉ o.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

You were confusing. You were confusing me and that made me anxious. I was the type to have all the shit under control. I was the type with schedules for everything. I was organised and my life was in a particular rhythm.

There are various beautiful paintings that are sold in the markets at high prices. Carefully done, with intricate attention to the most delicate details, everything neat and lovely. That was my life. Neat, lovely, very carefully fabricated.

And you know what holds the power to turn a beautiful painting into a masterpiece or absolute trash? The bold stroke. The single, bold stroke that holds the power to create masterpieces and at the same time has the power to create trash. You, you were the bold stroke.

And what I was waiting for was to see what kind of bold stroke you were. Did you hold the power to help me grow or did you hold the power to ruin me?

The days rolled by, and everyone was convinced that we were dating. Everytime I shut down the gossips and rumours, some little action of you, like little appreciate notes you left for me in my locker or walking me to my classes sparked the gossips again.

And you enjoyed that. You enjoyed it when people shipped the both of us. A little odd, but oh well.

Kaleb didn't like what you were doing, at all.

"Hm, so do you have something going on with Kaleb or what?" You asked as you took a seat beside me, eyeing Kaleb's figure as he walked back into the school building.

"Kaleb is my best friend, everyone here knows it." I smiled, looking at Kaleb's retreating figure. "We are just very close and protective of each other."

"Hm, fair enough." You said as I grabbed the protein shake from my bag and took a sip. "Kaleb doesn't like me much, does he?" You added, taking my shake and instantly making a face as the strawberry flavour hit you.

"Why do you think that?" I asked, taking the shake back and slurping on it loudly.

"He glares at me whenever we see each other, be it on field or in the hallway or in classes."

"Kaleb isn't too happy about the rumours of you & I dating, especially because they aren't true."

You gave me a long glance and whispered,"Do you want it to be true?"

Words got caught in my throat at your question. A silence too long passed between us.

Your phone rang and broke the silence, as you excused yourself.

Yes, I would have loved if the rumours were actually true, Kay. But I wasn't sure if I was ready. I wasn't sure if you were ready. I wasn't sure if we were ready.

As the sun sunk slowly and melted away into the horizon, I slurped quietly on the strawberry protein shake that you disliked so much and watched as the soft ruby hues of the evening washed you in it's beauty.

And in the burnt orange sunset as we walked, our fingers loosely brushing against each other occasionally, you dedicated a song to me for the first time.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -