♡༉ w.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -

Romantic feelings, like I said earlier, were very new to me.

So when Kenneth slid onto the seat next to mine after the movie and all the snacks were finished and warned me about you, a lot of questions and hesitations crashed onto me.

"Hey, Elaine."

"Hey Kenneth, what's up?"

"You like Kay, don't you?" He asked me bluntly, startling me for a moment.

"I- what makes you think that?"

"You have this look in your eyes. I have noticed you staring at him instead of watching the movie, every movie night." He said, toying with a string that had come out loose from his flannel. "It's the same look I have in my eyes when I look at the girl I have had a crush on for the last two years."

"Oh."

He looked at me, as if assessing my expressions.

"You do know that you love her, it's not just a crush, right?"

"I know. But we are talking about you now, we can talk about me later."

I nodded, tucking my bottom lip in my mouth, playing nervously with a strand of my hair. Something I did when I was nervous or anxious, and an action of mine you loved to mock me with.

"Maybe, I don't know to be honest."

He clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Kayden definitely has a thing for you. I can't put a finger on it, none of us can, because he has always been very confusing about his feelings."

I nodded, nervous about what he was going to say next.

"Just be careful, alright? He tends to break hearts unintentionally, he has never been too good with his feelings."

I nodded, doubting the matter in hand would be dragged to that extent.

"It's cool, and hypothetically speaking if he does end up breaking my heart, I'm gonna get my shit together and move on, no point on crying over spilled milk."

He looked at me for a moment, a small smile spreading on his lips. "I think I know why Kayden talks about you this much. You're strong headed, smart and oddly mature. You're so his type."

I laughed at his words as he stood up, letting out a small laugh as well.

"Oh, by the way. The girl I was talking about is someone you know. You're smart, you will figure it out."

I grinned at him. "I already know who it is."

The talk I had with Kenneth was swirling in my head and you noticed that something was bothering me. You suggested a walk to home, instead of taking the car.

"You do know you can tell me anything, right?" You spoke up, matching my steps as I let out a long sigh.

"Yeah. I am just.. thinking."

"Yeah, well share your thoughts a little. I am craving for some poetic lines by you, been days since you last read me one of your poems."

"It's nothing, honestly. Just me, overthinking things."

"Well, that overthinking serves us with beautiful pieces of art so I ain't complaining." You shrugged as I shook my head smiling.

"Do you think people just change for other people? Like do they give up habits and every such thing for another person just like that?"

"Hm? Elaborate a little bit?"

"Well, like, would you give up smoking for someone special? Or like I don't know, change your habits for someone special?"

You hummed into the night as you gathered words to answer.

I looked at you, finding myself staring at you for the thousandth time, tracing the outline of your face with my gaze, as the soft silvery glow of the moon and stars dripped and painted you.

"Honestly it would be very hard to just discard all your habits." You spoke up, eyeing my figure as a cold gust of wind blew and an involuntary shiver passed through me. "I don't think I will cut off my smoking for just anyone, but again we never know, feelings are confusing bitches."

I nodded in agreement with your answer, hugging myself. It was a very wrong decision to not take the car.

"Here spring girl, take this for example. I am ready to give you my jacket, which is very dear to me because you're my girl," You smiled at me softly, handing your jacket to me but I refused,"Come on, take it. I like winter, I like cold."

The soft scent of your aftershave hit me as I slid into your jacket that looked very oversized on me, and you smiled at me, mocking my size.

And as the silence of the night whispered thousands of untold stories against our skins, I wondered if you knew that I wished to be the spring to your winter heart.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -