♡༉ o.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -

"Hey, Kayden!"

"Elaine! Don't you look lovely today?"

"Thank you," I beamed at you. "So, how was your morning?"

"Oh yeah! By the way, I talked with Lia, about our whole lack of communication and distance thing."

"Yeah? How did it go? Is she okay?"

"So as I was talking, she put her hand on mine and gave me this shy smile and then I ended up absolutely blurting out my feelings. She totally freaked out, but in the happy way! She like jumped into my arms and cried happy tears and told me she loved me too."

I looked at you in a quizzical manner for some moments, my mind taking too long to process the words. She loved you too. She loved you too. You loved her. She was your girlfriend.

"Oh." I spoke up, my voice uncharacteristically breathy. "I'm quite speechless, I have to say." I managed to add a little smile at the end, even though I was pretty sure that it was a sad one.

"Yeah, I know right? I sputtered for like a few seconds too! And hey, Deeley told me that she picked me up from your house last night, I remember being stoned. What did I do?"

"Do you not remember?"

"No...?" You drawled out, the same look of confusion and amusement overshadowing your features like it did the night before, the face that made me want to grab your face & kiss. But now, all I wanted was to run away, far, far, far from you. "Oh my God, did I say anything that hurt you?"

Oh Kayden, you didn't hurt me. My own expectations did. The bizarre circumstances did. The whole fucking neurochemical con jobs in my head did.

"Oh, no. You didn't hurt me. But you did say some weird things."

"Christ. I'm sorry that you had to endure that." You sputtered, fiddling with your fingers. "Just know that I didn't mean any of the words I said last night, yeah? High thoughts are just stupid things."

"Yeah, sure. Don't worry. You were just being silly, it was quite funny."

"Haha, then it's good that I made you laugh, right?"

"Right."

"Yeah."

"So, I have got practice. Talk to you later." I sprinted towards the field, paying no attention to your calls. I turned my head and took a slight peek to find you with Amelia. I didn't dare look back again.

That night, you talked about how beautiful she was and how she had this thing that just made you fall in love with her.

And that night,

I cried,

all alone.

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -