♡༉ t.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

You hugged me. You hugged me so tight that I felt the small crack on my heart start to heal.

"Don't leave me like that again." You whispered urgently, grabbing my hands firmly.

"I- come on, I didn't leave you. I was just a bit busy."

"Something has been up with you."

"I am totally fine." I mumbled, my eyes moving to the open letter that laid on the table. I caught the words my dear boyfriend and I visibly flinched a little.

"Is it cramps? Why didn't you tell me? I could bring some ice cream over and we could watch your favourite series all night."

"What? Oh no no, I'm perfectly fine, no cramps or anything. I have just been a little low, I do not know why."

You tugged at my hand and guided me towards your backyard and we sat on the doorsill.

"I have been very sad too, but I know why."

"Why?"

"Because you weren't here."

"That's-, I mean you were with your girlfriend, come on. You two still must be in the honeymoon phase or whatever it is called."

"Yeah but she can't replace you. No one can."

"Yeah, I know. Now you can smile, I am here."

You grinned at me, but it faltered quickly.

"Are you sure your girlfriend won't mind us spending time like this because like a lot of girls don't like and-" I rambled on as you put a finger to my lips.

"No, she won't. And if she does, it's her problem because I can spend time with my favourite girl as much as I want."

I gave you a smile which turned out to be a sad one and didn't reach my eyes.

"You still have feelings for me Elaine, don't you?"

I took in a deep breath, threading my fingers together.

"I mean, yes. But like don't worry about it, I will bury them deep, quickly. I will just be the friend you need."

"What if I tell you Elaine, that I do not want you to bury your feelings for me?"

I didn't answer, you didn't ask further. We both sat in the moonlight, your favourite band's slow songs on repeat, both of our hearts racing.

"El, look! A shooting star, make a wish!"

My eyes followed the movement of your finger in the sky as I made my wish quickly.

But little did I know, that the star at which I threw my wish that night, wept & wept ; because unfortunately, for the specific wish of mine, there was no magic left in the universe.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -