♡༉ e.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

You avoided me the whole time next day.

I was very worried. Did the almost kiss yesterday ruin our friendship?

So when I stumbled across Deeley in the library, I couldn't help but ask her if she knew something about what was up with you.

"Deeley!"

"Oi, Elaine! Say whatever you want to fast because I have got a class in five minutes."

"Yeah yeah. Uh, do you know why Kayden has been avoiding me all day?"

"Oh yes." She cleared her throat,"So I heard how you led on our man yesternight."

"Deeley, listen to me." I spoke up in my most serious voice as she looked at me intently. "I would never play Kay because you lead Kay on because you lead people on when you just use them and don't actually have feelings for them, alright? The whole purpose is to shatter their hopes and ditch them and I would never do that because I-"

"Because you like him." Deeley smiled at me, nodding. "We all know. We all can see the chemistry between you two, and we can also see how you two definitely have something going on but it seems like you two don't."

"It is not that, okay? I freaked out, what if Kay actually doesn't like me like that and he was just caught up in the heat of the moment and-"

"Oh no, Elaine." Deeley interjected and the bell rang at that very moment, cutting her off. "I would have given you a speech showing how oblivious and wrong you are." She yelled the last words, her feet rushing towards the class,"Just open your eyes, Elaine! Everything will be crystal clear then!"

I caught up to you after your basketball practice.

"Hey!"

You turned around and looked over at me, your face passive.

"Stop avoiding me, dipshit, you can't do that forever!" I yelled as I jogged to you.

"I wasn't avoiding you, I was just busy." You mumbled as you started walking, slinging your bag over your shoulder.

"And I am a man."

You shot me an amused look.

"What? I thought we both were saying things that are lies."

You bit back a laugh, and ran your thumb across your lips to hide the laugh.

"Okay, so just to be clear, I didn't play you yesternight." I started but my voice grew timid with each passing word as your green eyes flickered to mine, looking at me intently.

"I would never play you, that's like the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard." I continued rambling on and you stood there, your bottom lip half tucked in your mouth as you tried to hold back your laughter.

"Hey, Elaine, calm down. It's just that.. um.. you just seem so at ease when flirting with others and when it came to me you kind of shut down and then you avoided the kiss and-"

I stood on my tiptoes and pressed a kiss to your cheek.

You stopped mid sentence and gaped as I grinned at your flustered state.

"Now, if it makes you feel any better, I flirt with all those guys because I can't hold a conversation with them. Because I want them to see me as cool when I am actually a big dork. But with you, I can just be my goofy, dorky self and I don't need to pretend to flirt with you to get you to like me." I spoke up, your eyes fixed on mine.

"I am really bad at flirting, to be honest. Like when it actually comes to flirting with someone I like, my score is a big fat zero." I added and your face broke into the loveliest grin ever.

"You're such a dork but at the same time you're so cool, my girl." You mumbled as you cautiously took my hand in yours. When I didn't pull my hand away, you loosely threaded our fingers together.

"Cupcakes?"

"Cupcakes."

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -