♡༉ v.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

Words got around.

I learned that you & Amelia had broken up, because things just weren't working out - and instead of the mix of joy & sadness I thought I had expected to feel - I felt nothing.

Days passed by and I saw you trying to show everyone how fine you were doing. You hung out with your new friends daily - Allison, one of my ex-friends - being one of them. But I didn't miss the slight halt in your steps, the slight hindering of your smile, the dimming of the twinkle in your eyes.

I wanted to approach you. But my pride didn't let me.

And, I never told you, but I am sorry. I really am. I wish that I had approached you then, and maybe you would have had an extra hand to help you through the rough waters.

People would hoard me with questions about you & I, asking what had happened between us. I would politely say that it was personal. They would ask if I missed you. I would say yes without blinking. They would tell me that you & I looked good together, and I would give them a small smile and say how good of a friend you were.

Funnily, no one had missed the way how my brightness had faded.

You had left wounds on me - irreparable wounds around which words grow. And thus, it ended up with me bleeding on paper, tainting it with all the heavy words that a soul could not carry alone.

How funny it is - all those joy induced memories of us together, has now been sipped up empty like a bottle of whiskey - leaving me to roll my tongue around in my mouth for one last taste.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -