♡༉ r.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

"That was an awesome routine, Elaine!" Kim squealed, wrapping me in a hug.

I laughed, hugging her back. "Thank you, my girls & I worked hard for it."

"You're coming to the party Natalie is throwing, right?"

"Party? Oh wait, is that the one where you have to go with your dates?"

"Yes exactly, that one. So who is your date?"

"I absolutely forgot to look for a date. Hm, maybe Kaleb could go with me."

"Kaleb is going with Anne, there they are." Kim smiled, pointing at them hustling through the crowd.

"Hm, maybe I wouldn't attend it. I like parties, but I'm exhausted anyways, so.." I drawled out, trying to dodge the whole situation.

"Hey girls! Come on, why are you waiting here? Gotta go to Natalie's." Jason shouted, jogging up to us.

"Elaine doesn't wanna go, because she forgot to choose a date!" Kim replied, a small smirk dancing on her lips.

"Are you kidding me Elaine? A party without you? Nope." Jason shook his head, smiling at me. "Come with me, my girlfriend broke up yesterday so I'm all yours for tonight."

Jason leaned down and whispered something in Kim's ear and then both of them high-fived each other.

I chuckled. "Jason, wh-"

"Hey guys!" Your voice cut in and I whirled around to notice you just steps behind me.

"Hey, Kayden. Who are you going to the party with?"

"Oh to that date one?"

"Yeah, who is that lucky girl?" Kim made eyes at you and I felt my mouth twitch.

I mentally prayed for you to say something along the lines of how you weren't going to the party-

"Oh, I wonder who the girl is?" You hummed, a mischievous tone in your voice as you suddenly swung your arm around my shoulder. "Who other than the sweetest girl in this whole school? I am going with Elaine, of course." You grinned down at me and it took a moment for my mind to process everything that happened.

"Ah, I knew it! Jason, you owe me ten dollars." Kim giggled as Jason groaned and handed her a ten dollar bill.

"Damn Elaine, you two keeping your relationship under wraps? That's new, girl." Jason mumbled, laughing.

"What? No, we are not in a relationship." I spoke up, laughing nervously.

"She likes to deny our relationship in public." You butted in, a big grin pasted on your face all the time.

"He is kidding." I deadpanned and both of them burst into laughter, shaking their heads. "Come on Elaine, your secret is safe with us, now come on!" They added, jogging ahead of us.

You leaned in, whispering in my ear,"Girlfriend, why you always got to deny our relationship and break my heart?"

That night as I saw you goofing around and bickering and laughing along with my friends, it finally occured to me that what I felt for you was something I had never felt before. It was oh so new and oh so sweet.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -