♡༉ r.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

We were back to being friends. But things obviously weren't back to the same.

Not same at all, with Allison hanging out with us every possible moment.

I would smile at you and make small talk half-heartedly - a skill I had mastered over time. You had taken my slight coldness as a sign for my fight with Kaleb - a stupid fight that had occurred due to misunderstandings, but had created a lot of distance between him & I.

Your assumption was not all wrong. But it wasn't all correct either.

Whenever I would see Allison all over you, I would feel sick to my bones in jealousy - and if it were the old me, I would have stepped in and stole her limelight, robbing her of the chance of flirting with you blatantly in front of me. But, I didn't.

Simply because somehow, somewhere, I had changed.

But you - you probably hadn't. Because I still noticed you getting all irritable and snappy when I was close to any of my guy friends - and you had no right to be. Just like I had no right to be.

We both had let each other and ourselves down, in different ways - baring and stripping ourselves off of the right of being rightfully possessive of each other.

One evening, after school, when you noticed me staring intensely at Allison & you talking - or what almost seemed like flirting - you had excused yourself and walked closer to me.

"There is nothing going on between me & Allison," you had whispered, slipping out a note from your jacket and handing it to me,"read this when you get home."

When I got home - I had read the words you had addressed to me. You had written that you were tired of these empty sounds & endless stories. You had written that I had been killing you slowly with the words that I had wrote.

You said that I had a million reasons to hesitate, that you had given me a million reasons to walk away. You had written that you had wasted so much time in people that reminded you of me.

You had asked me to light up all the things about you that I couldn't forget and kiss them goodbye. You had promised that you wouldn't give me away, because you had already done that mistake.

I called you as soon as I finished reading it.

"What a dork you are."

You laughed, the sweet laugh that had soothed me for so many nights. "So I take it that you have read the note."

"Yes," I had mumbled, unable to keep the smile off of my face,"How chessy it is? Picking out lines from the newest album of one of our favourite bands - I see you, Kay."

"Nothing gets past you," You had laughed,"And neither does my gaze."

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -