♡༉ d.

- ˏˋ ➳ ˊˎ -

Amelia was literally the sweetest.

All the time when I had narrated her – how we had mistaken our utter adoration for each other as romantic feelings and how we had leaned into each other for support – she had listened to me calmly, giving me sweet smiles.

I had recoiled at the taste of the lies bubbling up in my own mouth, but I tried hard not to show it.

All the while when I was sat there, narrating all about it to her, all I could think was : how could you do this to both me & her?

Maybe it was the urgency in my voice or maybe it was due to my good acting skills – but Amelia had agreed to make things up with you. I knew it in my heart that she didn't believe that we felt nothing for each other than platonic feelings – and frankly, neither did I – but she obliged to make up with you anyways.

And then, everything was (sort of) back to normal. You were back with Amelia and were hanging out more with Lyla – one of your new friends. And I was oddly content watching from afar – and from time to time, I kept wondering about the breakup speech you had written that was now lying crumpled in some dustbin.

But the good that came out of all of it was that I was back to being friends with Kaleb, but things weren't great, and my friendship with Eli was going strong.

The days bled rapidly and before I knew it, your birthday was just around the corner.

I had surprisingly got a good control over my emotions, and I wasn't as desperate for attention from you like I was before. You noticed, I noticed, everybody noticed. But did I care? No.

But, around one week before your birthday, you urgently tugged me in the corner – which was very uncharacteristic of you – and it had my suspicions shooting through the roof.

From your bloodshot eyes, I knew that you were high the night before, which was not so much of a surprise to me by then. But when you spoke the next words, I could feel all the hope I had in my feelings for you, slowly slip through my fingers - like sand.

"Elaine, I need your help. I-" You had stumbled, an ashamed blush creeping up your face, your face twisted in guilt,"I, um, accidentally slept with someone else – Lyla – yesternight."

- ˏˋ  ✎  ˊˎ -