♡༉ s.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

There have not been many moments in the history of my existence where I was left dumbfounded - because there was almost always something there that I would say, and I actually took pride in my wit.

But, oh boy, then & there, a few too long beats had passed and I hadn't uttered a single word, and neither had I made a single noise.

I was frozen in my tracks. Due to shock. And certainly not the good kind.

You had grabbed my face, forcing me to look you straight in the eyes - and maybe it was the way that you were rubbing circles on my jaw with your thumb or maybe it was the desperate look in your eyes that made me say,"It's okay. It's okay. Have you told Amelia?"

And then you had mumbled a 'no' in a scared, nervous voice and then you were grabbing my hand - requesting me desperately and madly and obsessively to talk to Amelia.

And even though I regret that decision of mine till date, I had went on to talk to Amelia into forgiving you - I had persuaded her to forgive you and filled her ears with the words you had filled mine - it was all her fault, she didn't deny it, I was high, of course I would be doing stupid things.

I hadn't told you then, how it was actually your fault, Kayden. It was your fault. You had cheated, you had done the thing that you despised the most - and me being the girl who was infatuated with you, I had overlooked your flaws and helped you dump all the fault on Lyla's shoulders.

Amelia had been very reluctant to forgive you, and was very keen to break up with you - and then & there, I had worked my charm, the charm for which you had approached me in the first place. And with that, your relationship with her was back in the tracks.

Amelia had forgiven you. And you had broken off your friendship with Lyla. And then you & Amelia were happy.

You told me how Amelia said that she had misjudged me at first. You told me how she said that you were really lucky to have me as a friend, that she told you that you should hold onto me because I was the reason Amelia hadn't broken up with you after the confession.

You had slung your arm around my shoulder, telling me how much of a good friend I was.

Even though I had smiled, internally, I was screaming. I was screaming because the guilt was eating me up. I was screaming because all it took from you was one request for me to dump all of my values and support you, even if you were clearly in the wrong.

I was screaming internally because in the process of not betraying you, I had ended up betraying myself.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -