♡༉ r.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -

I had quite literally sulked the next few days.

I would steal glances of you, every now & then, wondering if you missed me too.

Seeing my distraught state, Kaleb approached me. And then when he asked me about it, I told him - I told him everything. He had wrapped his arms around me, telling me that you weren't worth crying over. I wanted to believe him, trust me I did, but alas, once again in the fight of my emotional & rational sides - my emotional side had won.

Kaleb was absolutely mad at you. He had dry rage - the type of rage that would strip your soul bare, forcing you to burn in the wrath. And when he had wiped my tears, telling me what a blind fool I was in your love, I had seen a glimpse of the dry rage for which Kaleb was notoriously infamous.

He had been mean to you, a gossip I had stumbled across in the girl's room - and I had wondered what toll it would take over our already strained relationship. I had seen you going out of your way to make new friends - and a girl named Lyla especially stood out. And I was afraid, afraid of losing you.

That night when you had called me, asking me to meet you at the same park where we had shared so many little rendezvous - I was absolutely terrified, figuring that this meant the end of our friendship.

But when I went to the park to find you slumped on the chair, I gently took the place next to you - only for you to collapse into my arms.

You had looked at me like I was the only glimmer of hope left in your life, which was quite ironic, but nonetheless when I asked you about it, you said that you & Amelia had a very ugly fight. A fight that led to you wanting to break up with me.

A fight that revolved around me - more specifically, a fight that had ignited in between you & her when you told her that you had caught feelings for me - when the two of you were already in a relationship.

If I was terrified before, I was absolutely petrified then.

I honestly didn't know why I was so terrified hearing that you had feelings for me - and till this date, I don't know - but my terrified tongue had went on to speak words that I had regretted later.

"Don't break up with her. I will talk with her and assure her how you don't have feelings for me no more."

And, for once, between the two of us, I was the one with non-committal feelings.

- ˏˋ ✎ ˊˎ -