♡༉ w.

- ˏˋ ➳ ˊˎ -

You were like the song that would always be on replay - and some days I might even grow to despise it, because of it's consistent presence in my life. But when it was raining and the air was cold, I would seek comfort in the familiar words of the song that had been consistently playing, to anchor myself to reality during the ephemeral unearthly hour.

Things had definitely changed - because when I tried to breathe in the air between us, to check if it was still cackling with the same energy, all I could recognise was a dull, bitter ache.

But in my dreams, I still drank the sound of your voice & tasted the color of your eyes. In my dreams, I still retouched & cherished the simpler things about you - your bed head, the stretches that pulled up your shirt, the way the wind blew threw your hair.

In my dreams, I still heard & treasured the simpler things about you - your sleepy eyes, your laughs so hard that made your eyes tear up, the subtle bumping of your shoulder against mine, the handholds.

And, I still thought of you. There was no denying it.

But you? I didn't even know what you were thinking.

There were still the sneaked glances in the hallways and there were still late night conversations, but they weren't just the same.

And you weren't the same too, or maybe I wasn't, because when one of my friends - Audrey - walked up to me, telling me enthusiastically about how you two had talked and how you two had clicked instantly. She told me about how you were so funny & sweet. It did spark uncanny emotions in me, but didn't shock me.

But what shocked me was when she told me that she had a crush on you and that she wanted to ask you out. I had frowned slightly, worrying my bottom lip under my teeth. "He has a girlfriend," I had stated confidently, having seen both you & Amelia just the day before.

She had looked at me like she had seen a ghost, and then she had whispered meekly,"He told me that he was single."

- ˏˋ ➳ ˊˎ -

Heartbreak Weather | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें