Chapter 3

Crow was half-awake, aware of what was happening around him. People were rushing over to see if he was okay and the girl he tried to approach was on the phone. She had called 911 to get him an ambulance.

"There's a man in front of me! He collapsed and he's bleeding from his head right now! Please, send an ambulance! It looks really bad!" The girl screamed into the phone.

Crow slowly brought his hand to the back of his head and felt some liquid touch his hand. When he brought it to his eyes, it was covered in red.

I'm really bleeding, he thought to himself. His consciousness left him once again.

When he woke up again he was in a hospital bed, a white gauze around his head. He sat up, not questioning how he had got there. The door opened to a man with a white coat on.

"Looks like you're doing fine." The man said to Crow, "I just came to check up on the injury."

He came closer and started to take off the cloth around Crow's head. Where the back of his head was, there was a red stain.

"It looks better than it did yesterday, that's for sure. Let's change this shall we?" He wrapped another clean white cloth around Crow's head and smiled. "I think you will be out within two days max."

He smiled back, "That's good."

The man approached the door before turning around.

"We already contacted your brother and the other people to tell them about your incident." He said before leaving.

Other people? Crow thought, Who does he mean?

Before he could think more about it, someone came into the room. It was White.

White approached his brother.

"Are you alright? I heard you hit your head pretty hard."

"Yeah but I'm feeling much better now. Don't worry about it much."

"I brought you something to help get through the boredom." He pulled out the fourth volume of Strike The Blood, it was a book series that Crow was reading. He already had the first three volumes at home.

"What? You got me that?" Crow smiled, "Thanks man. I can't believe I forgot that the next volume went on sale already."

Crow took the book that was offered to him. It had a girl holding on to a gate with one hand and a chain was wrapped around her other hand. She looked pretty cute with her black hair and iced hair tips.

"I trust you also brought the bookmark too?"

"Of course I did." Smiling, White handed the bookmark to Crow. It was a rectangular paper ticket, black at the front and white in the back and about the size of his hand and wrist. Ride High school Presents: The MouseTrap was written at the front. It was the first school play he had seen. Some friends of his invited him to go see it with them. It wasn't a special item but it was the only thing that he could use as a bookmark without folding up a piece of paper.

Crow put the bookmark in the book on the inside cover and sat it on the table next to him.

"How far did you make it in Baka and Test?" Crow asked his little brother.

"I just started season two when I got the call." White answered.

Crow smiled, "Well as you can see I'm fine so why don't you head back home and let me read this book?"

White chuckled. "Okay I will."

White left and Crow picked up his book and started to read.