Chapter 12

Airi came home to the two siblings watching their Japanese animated tv shows. Crow turned to the opened door, to Airi.

"Well now that everyone's home, why don't we start cooking?" Crow said with a smile.

"Oh but I don't know how to cook very well..." Airi mumbled, her face turning a little red.

"Don't worry about it, White and I got the cooking down. All you have to do is wait patiently and enjoy the meal."

"Ok... You're the first human to do such a thing like that for me." she mumbled.

Crow turned to his brother, "how about the usual?"

White nodded in response. The two of them walked to the kitchen, taking out the frying pan needed to cook meat, the white rice cooker, and a pot for beans. Crow went into the fridge and took out a package of thin steak. White pulled out one can of beans from the closet. Crow pulled out a container of rice which they empty the bags into. He pulled out olive oil, a sea salt grinder, a black pepper grinder, and some beef seasoning. Using a kid's cup from Chile's, he put the rice to cook in the rice cooker by emptying a cup and a half of rice then poured water into the little pot before pouring a little of the oil, later adding a bit of the sea salt. When he turned the rice cooker on, White had started to empty cans of beans into the big pot and put some sea salt and black pepper in.

Crow grabbed the frying pan and poured a bit of the olive oil in it and turned the stove on. While he waited for the oil to get hot he pulled a large plate out of the cabinet. He opened the pack of thin steak slices and started to put some into the oil. He pulled out a spatula from a drawer of cooking utensils. He seasoned one side of the beef with sea salt, black pepper, and beef seasoning, before flipping the beef with the spatula. He put the seasonings on the other side of the beef and waited for them to darken from their raw red to their cooked dark grey. He then put the cooked beef slices on the plate.

Click, White had finished cooking the beans and turned off the part of the stove he was using. He moved to the countertop adjacent to his brother and started taking off the cooked steak slices and started to cut them into small bits. The two kept going in this process and finished cooking within forty minutes.

Out of the kitchen, they came, with bowls of rice and beans with steak cuts in them. The smell of the cooked food overwhelmed Airi, she had never smelled food like this, her family never got to see how food looked while being cooked.

"It smells great!" Airi exclaimed.

"Yep, that's just how well we cook together." Crow said with a big smile on his face.

The three of them ate the food in silence, when suddenly Airi broke the silence.

"Where did you guys learn to cook like this?"

"Well our mom taught us how to cook the rice and the beans, I taught myself how to do the beef." Crow replied with a smile, "Did you like it?"

"Like it? I loved it! The cooks at my home should learn how to do this from you guys!" She exclaimed.

"Nah, I'm not really into teaching people." Crow muttered shyly.

He took his bowl to the sink and started to put the knife and the cutting board away. Picking up the knife the wrong way, Crow cut his finger. It bled a bit and he flinched a little at the slight pain.

"Ah crap!" he gripped his finger, "I cut my finger."

Airi walked up to him to check on the wound, "it looks alright it should heal after a while but we shouldn't let the blood go to waste." She put the finger to her mouth and started to lick the blood off it. Crow blushed and looked away.

Airi moved the wounded finger away from her mouth and looked at Crow. "There's something wrong."

"What do you mean?" Crow turned back toward her.

"Your blood tastes more like a typical human" she replied.

"Oh... did it originally taste special or something?"

She nodded.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." Crow voiced, obviously hiding the fact that he was a little worried about it. If my blood doesn't taste special anymore does that mean she'll find someone else to drink from? I don't want that to happen! Wait... Do I actually enjoy her drinking my blood?!

He took her bowl off the table and moved it to the sink, cleaning up the remainder of the mess before heading upstairs to take a shower.