Chapter 8

Crow woke up in the morning in his bed. He looked around and saw that nothing in the room was misplaced. Was that just a dream? He got out of his bed and walked toward the door. He stopped at the door. If it wasn't a dream then I should have a bite mark in my neck. He opened the door and went to the door across from his bedroom. The door led to the bathroom and he looked into the mirror. In the reflection he saw that his body was normal, same skin color and no bite mark anywhere. He decided to get out and walk down the stairs and get some breakfast. When he got his cereal and milk into his bowl he heard a voice behind him.

"Are you going to get me some too?" there was no mistaking who's voice that was.

Crow turned around to see a girl standing behind him, the one who sucked his blood the day before.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" he asked her, flustered.

"Well I kind of own the place." she responded

"What? How?!"

"The money you get every month? It comes from my family. The way you know how to drive but don't know how you do? We taught you."

"Okay then. So, uh, what's your name?" Crow asked, having more respect for the girl.

"The name's Airi." she answered with a smile, she looked like a normal human being.

"So, Airi, did you mean give you my blood when you asked for 'some too'?"

"No, I mean I want cereal too." she responded, clearly hurt from the assumption.

"But don't vampires only--"

"No we can eat food too but we get our strength from blood," she interrupted, "and only pure-blood vampires can drink from the source." she smiled.

Crow got her some cereal and handed it to her with a spoon in the bowl. She smiled and took the bowl. They both sat at the table, Airi sat next to Crow and ate. He noticed what she was wearing, a t-shirt and some short shorts, as he ate. He then looked at what he was wearing, a t-shirt and some boxers. Seems like we sleep in the same amount of clothing.

When they finished, Crow took the bowls and put them into the sink.

"So how often do you think you need to drink my blood?" Crow asked her, a bit scared of doing so.

"Only once a month. Unless I have to take out some Strays." she said.

They then heard a door open upstairs and footsteps walking toward the stairs.

"My brother must not know of this going on." Crow whispered.

"Agreed." Airi replied.

When White came down the stairs he went to the kitchen and got some cereal for himself. He only noticed Airi when he sat at the table.

"So you brought a girl back home and didn't introduce me, huh." White said with some disappointment in his voice. "So what did you guys do when you got here anyway?"

"Oh he was quite the animal in the bed." Airi said putting her hand under her chin, shifting her weight on them. "I didn't even get to be on top."

Crow, with his face completely red, slammed his hand against the table, "nothing happened!"

White laughed, "are you sure about that?"

"Yes!" Crow replied before glaring at Airi.

White turned toward Airi, "so nothing happened?"

"Nope. Nothing happened." Airi sighed, clearly seeing that the fun was over.

"So what are you doing here?" White asked.

"Well I kind of own this house, my family does anyway." She answered.

She stood up and walked around the house seeing everything the two of them had in the house. When she saw the shelf with all the anime they owned she just smiled.

"Fans of anime, I take it?"

"Yeah." Crow answered.

She smiled, "I guess you can't say that one is your all time favorite huh?"

Crow smiled back, "nope you just can't."

They decided to show her around the house, starting with the upstairs.

She moved on to the bedrooms they had. When she saw Crow's collection of Strike The Blood, she grinned at him.

"What are these books about?" she asked.

"They're about the world's strongest vampire, who was recently turned, he gets a girl who watches over him and if she deems him as dangerous she is to kill him. He has no memory of when he was turned and when he tries to remember he gets a major headache and only sees a couple images of the time."

Airi seemed intrigued in the story, staring at the collection the way she did.

"If you want I can lend you the first volume but you have to keep it in good quality and return it when you're done."

She nodded and took the volume as Crow handed it to her. White was surprised that his brother let someone other than him even touch the book.

Airi then went out of the room and went to White's room.