Chapter 26

Airi lied in the bed looking at the ceiling. Three days. That's how long I will have freedom left... Zexal is going to take me... I don't want him to.

Suddenly she heard the door of a car opening. She ran to the front door and opened it, hoping that Crow had come back. She saw a car parked across from the house, only the car was different, it was expensive looking, and the person who came out of it had blonde hair and an all-white tuxedo.

"Aha! Airi you are just as beautiful as when I last saw you! How are you doing?" He gave a sinister grin.

"What are you doing here, Zexal?" Airi's face reflected anger.

Zexal bowed, "just offering you a way out of the ceremony."

She froze, not expecting that answer. "Okay, keep talking." Her voice, slightly less hostile. She wasn't feeling that he would be giving one hundred percent of the offer.

"I hear you have a servant whom you visit quite often. I think that if me and him were to have a one on one duel we could call it off."

"Are you gonna have parameters for if either of you win?"

"Why of course. If I win we still get married, however if he is to somehow beat me, it will be called off."

Airi was surprised, "When will the duel be?"

"How does a week from today sound? Of course the wedding will be postponed." He grinned, his blue eyes looking directly into her brown eyes.

She glared at him, "I accept your wager."

"Good." He flashed his pearly whites and bowed a final time before entering his car again. He drove off.

Airi let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding. Thank God, there's a chance. She closed the door and walked over to the couch and lied on her back. Now I only have to train him. She smiled as she lay on the couch, feeling happier than she had in a long, long time.