Chapter 34

Airi was watching the fight go down from the large screen they had inside a wall. It appeared as though the two were evenly matched.

"Zexal isn't fighting with all of his strength..." Edolas mumbled

"What do you mean?"

She kept watching the screen, scared of what her brother had just said. Crow started to run at Zexal. Looks like he might win this. Crow uppercutted Zexal, Airi almost began to cheer.

Suddenly Zexal grabbed Crow's throat and threw him down.

No. Come on. Get up Crow.

Zexal began to repeatedly punch Crow.

Get up! Damn it Crow!

Zexal kept punching Crow.

"Get up Crow!" She cried at the top of her lungs.

Crow kept getting punched in the face, blood coming from the side of his head and getting on to the floor and Zexal's white suit.

Airi ran toward the door, her brother stopping her.

"We can't intervene!"

"I need to go there! He'll kill him!" she ripped her wrist out of her brother's grip and opened the door.

She kept running for the middle of the terrain, where Zexal kept punching Crow's lifeless body. She ran to him.

"Please stop!" She yelled.

"Why?" Zexal stated, anger blinding him as he kept punching Crow.

Airi grabbed his fist as he raised it to throw more punches at Crow, "If you do... I'll... I'll... Marry you!"

Zexal stopped, grinning. "Oh, will you now?"

"Yes." Airi muttered.

Zexal began to laugh, no stop to it in sight.

Airi looked down at Crow's lifeless body. I'm sorry, I really am. I didn't want it to go this way. I know you might never forgive me for this. It was the only way to save you.

She fell to her knees as tears began to run down her face, falling and landing on Crow's blood-covered body.

Zexal ceased his laughter, kneeling down before Airi and reaching for her chin. He pulled up, forcing Airi to look him in the eye.

"You will become mine and no one will be able to steal you away from me, not even this trash you call your Knight." He kicked Crow's ribcage, satisfied with the easy victory.

Airi quickly placed her hand on the kicked ribcage, tears flowing even quicker down her face.

"Please! Let's just go! You've already won!" Airi begged.

Zexal stood, "Fine." and walked away from Crow's body. He headed for the exit, Airi still with the body.

Airi picked up Crow's right hand, holding it close. "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." She sobbed before wiping her tears away and standing up.

She walked in the direction Zexal had, despair filling every corner of her body as she struggled to keep another round of tears from flowing.