Chapter 18

Crow woke up from his bed, jolting upward. His breathing was heavy and ragged. He looked at his hands, he appeared to be alive.

Was that just a dream then?

"No, that really happened." A voice beside him said, as if reading his mind.

He turned to his left and saw a nightgown donned Airi. He jumped out of the bed and crept backward to a wall.

"What are you doing in my bed!? Wait... Did we... Oh crap! I did that and have no memory of it!?"

Airi laughed, "You wish."

Crow looked up at her.

So I didn't. Well that kinda sucks. Guess that means I'm still a...

"Wait I died, didn't I? I mean I had a big piece of wood just lodged in my chest!" Crow suddenly sat up.

"Yeah and I brought you back."

"Oh, well thanks for that." He got up.

"I wouldn't eat any garlic though."

Crow turned to her, "why not?"

"I turned you into one of us."

Crow stood wide-eyed,"You what!?"

White burst into the bedroom.

"Will you stop being so loud!? You need to stop with the-!"

He stood at the door staring at his brother who only had boxers on. He then turned to Airi, who wore only a nightgown.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted... you may continue..."

He backed away and closed the door behind himself.

"What is that supposed to mean?!"

"Do you mean you don't want to?" Airi attempted to tempt him by exposing a leg from the blanket.

"N-no!"

Crow ran out of the room and into the bathroom. He turned the water on and started to wash his face.

This has got to be a dream. There's no way that Airi would... Wait yeah there is... She's only joking.

He sighed and accepted what had happened as reality.

Turning off the water, he went back into the room.

"So is there anything else I should know to be a weakness?"

"Avoid being stabbed in the heart, you can heal from being stabbed anywhere else but you're dead once they hit there."

"What about the sun?"

"Are you kidding me? You've seen me walk out there haven't you?"

"You mean you're not using sunscreen?"

"No. We got rid of that weakness long ago. Way before I was born in fact."

"How?"

"Vampires evolved. Just like how we're able to eat regular food. However I wouldn't suggest fighting when the sun is up. It won't burn you but you won't be as strong as you would be at night."

Crow nodded, "So, is garlic still a weakness for vampires?"

Airi shook her head, "No it just tends to be a serious allergy for some. We wouldn't want to risk it."

He gave her a blank stare.

Seriously? That's all there is to it?