Chapter 14

"It was you!" a woman's voice rang out, "You did this to me!"

The voice was familiar. Crow looked up into the darkness. Just who could that be? He walked to the voice when suddenly a woman grabbed both his shoulders.

"How could you do this to me!" she yelled in his face.

When he saw the face he couldn't believe his eyes. In front of him stood a person he hadn't seen in a long time, his mother.

"What are you talking about?" Crow quickly asked.

"So you don't remember huh." She replied, releasing Crow and turning away.

She walked away into the darkness.

"Wait, Mom, don't go!" Crow called out, running after her.

A closed door stood at the end of the darkness. He opened it slowly and heard her voice again.

"Wait what are you doing? Release me immediately!" His mother yelled from a bed.

There, beside the bed his mother was tied to, was a younger version of Crow, eyes devoid of light. In his hand was a gasoline container.

"What am I doing with that?" Crow asked watching the past events unfold before him.

The ten-year-old boy emptied the container all over his mother then lit a match.

"Wait no! There's no way I did that!" Crow protested at the vision he was seeing.

The boy tossed the match at his gasoline soaked mother, her screams bouncing off the nearby walls. The fire spread from the bed to the rest of the room just as the boy left the room.

Horrified, Crow followed the boy, taking a couple of glances at the flailing body that was his mother. The boy went out the door. Crow followed, finding himself outside the apartment building with the boy and his eight-year-old brother. The boy looked back at the building with a smile on his face.

No... No... There's just no way I... Oh God.

Crow jolted up from the bed, his heart beating at an outrageous rate. He breathed heavily. Tears started to stream out of his eyes, he started to clench his head between his hands. It was me. I killed her. My own mother.

The alarm on Crow's phone began to ring, snapping him out of his panic attack. Five o'clock it said. He turned it off then got his clothes with a lack of enthusiasm.