Chapter 32

Airi and Crow walked to Zexal's car, a grey Lamborghini Huracan. They shared a seat in the front, Crow sitting on the actual seat and Airi sitting on Crow's lap. The car ride to the location completely silent, everyone keeping their thoughts to themselves.

This makes my car look like total crap! Crow thought to himself as he looked at the interior of the Huracan. He noticed that Zexal was looking in his direction. Just what is he thinking right now?

Airi will soon be mine and this infant won't be able to get close to her when I win. I'll make sure to win and when I do, she will be at my beck and call, doing everything I tell her to. Everything.

Zexal let an evil grin spread on his face.

The grin sent shivers down Crow's spine. He felt almost violated, as if someone was planning his funeral before his death.

Airi didn't look it, but she was terrified of what might happen. I might have to actually go through with the marriage or worse, Crow could be seriously hurt. Airi slightly shivered at the thought of Crow losing his life in this fight.

Crow felt the shivers of the girl sitting on his lap and in response, wrapped his arms around her. She's afraid that she has to marry this guy isn't she? Hopefully this will cheer her up.

Airi sat still, not a single motion, and simply embraced the warmth of Crow.

It wasn't until they got to a mansion that the silence was broken.

"Is this your place?" Crow asked, looking to Zexal.

"No, it's hers."

Crow turned to Airi, "Is it really?"

Airi hesitantly nodded, "I just don't like what I have to do for the family." she whispered.

Zexal parked the car in front of the mansion. The three of them got out of the car and walked to the entrance. Zexal got to the entrance of the door before anyone and didn't touch the door. The door opened without anyone having to knock on it, a tall man stood beside it.

"Zexal, the room is ready."

Zexal went inside.

"Airi, I want you to have your freedom to choose who to love as much as you do. You know that right?" the man murmured

"Thanks, Edolas."

She walked past him.

The man looked at Crow, a glimmer of recognition reflecting off of his face before he said, "Good luck in there."

Crow looked at him nervously, "Th-thanks." He noticed the glimmer, and started to vaguely recognize the man.

He walked past the man and kept heading straight, following Zexal. They stopped in front of a door. Zexal opened it and gestured for Crow to follow.

Crow followed, scared of what could lie behind the door.

The room was separated from the regular plane, an alternate plane. Inside was a grassland under a night sky.

"The fight ends when the other can't continue, or simply gives up." Zexal explained.

"Okay." Crow said.

The two of them went to the center of the room.

"Let's have a fair fight." Zexal gave a suspicious grin.

Crow nodded as he threw the first punch, aiming for his opponent's face. Zexal dodged, sweeping at Crow's feet. Crow jumped over it and kicked his side as hard as possible. It landed, but Zexal was still standing and he grabbed his leg, throwing him. Crow landed with his head hitting the floor first. He quickly got up and ran toward Zexal, adrenaline fueling him. He punched him in the gut with his left and followed it with an uppercut from his right. They both landed and Zexal was losing his balance. Crow began to think that he would definitely win this fight.

That was until Zexal grinned his evil smile and grabbed Crow by his throat, forcing him to the floor, and started to punch him repeatedly in the face.