Chapter 27

Crow got home to a sleeping Airi on the couch. He couldn't help but smile at how peaceful she looked laying there. He looked at the kitchen. Might as well make dinner to cheer up everyone. He looked at White.

"Hey, how do you feel about pancakes?" he asked.

White laughed a little, "pancakes? At this time?" He laughed more.

Crow nodded and headed to the kitchen. He pulled out a bowl, a cup, a spatula, the gallon of milk, the box of pancake mix, and a griddle pan. He put the griddle on the stove and put the stove at five. He poured pancake mix in the bowl and filled the cup with water, pouring it bit by bit and mixing it with the powder. He poured a tiny bit of milk in the mix and stirred. When the batter was ready, he poured bit by bit onto the griddle, waiting for it to turn solid and start forming bubbles on the side facing up before flipping it. When it was ready he pulled out a big plate from the cabinet and put the made pancakes on it. At the end of cooking it he realized that he had made a giant stack of pancakes.

He left the kitchen to wake up Airi.

"Hey..." he tapped her shoulder, his voice a whisper. "Hey, I made some pancakes for you."

She slowly opened her eyes, "Crow...? Pancakes...?" She sat up stretching then stood up.

"Yeah." he smiled and walked behind her to the table. He took three pancakes from the stack and placed them on a plate for her, pulling out a fork and a knife from the drawer. He placed it in front of Airi, going back for the syrup and placing it on the table.

"Go ahead and eat them."

"They're so perfect! How did you manage to do that?"

"I taught myself how to do it." He smiled.

Airi blushed, seeing that she indeed did like Crow more than anyone.

She poured syrup on the pancakes and took a bite out of them. She was amazed by how good they tasted.

"So, are they good?"

Airi looked up. "Oh yeah, they are great!" She smiled.

Crow and White went into the kitchen to grab their pancakes and went to the table. The three of them ate, happiness everywhere and frowns non-existent.

When they finished, there wasn't a single pancake left on the big plate, White went to bed and left the mess to Airi and Crow.

The two were washing the dishes when Airi suddenly appeared sad once again.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Crow looked into her eyes.

"Zexal was here when you left... he wants to fight you in a duel for my hand in marriage."

Crow gaped, "Well did you accept?"

Airi nodded.

Crow smiled, "Then there's nothing to worry about then."

"But-" Airi started.

Crow put a finger to her mouth. "I'll make sure not to lose."

"Yeah but he's strong."

Crow looked down, "Is that so?"

Airi took his hand, "But I will train you. It's only a week from today so there's still a chance for you to win."

Crow smiled, "So when do we start?"

"Tomorrow morning."

They finished washing the dishes and the two of them headed upstairs.

They took separate showers and headed for Crow's bedroom.

"You can take the bed." Crow told Airi.

"If I do, where will you sleep?"

"On the floor maybe."

Airi muttered something.

"What was that?"

"I said I won't allow it. You're sleeping in the bed too."

"But-"

"No buts! You will sleep in the bed!" She pulled up the covers and patted the empty spot beside her. "Lay down now."

Crow did as he was told. He lied down facing away from her and fell asleep quickly.

Airi turned to him, "Crow..." she blushed, "if you win I'll reward you..." She waited for a reply and when she didn't hear one she sat up and saw that he was fast asleep. She smiled and kissed his cheek. "Get some sleep because training tomorrow won't be easy." She lied back down and turned away from him, her cheeks burning.