Chapter 5

"I choose you." a shadow said, almost inaudible.

Crow looked at the silhouette. All he could make out from the voice and the long hair was that it was female. The curves that the silhouette possessed confirmed his assumption that it was female.

"What do you mean?" he asked confused.

"Look for me when you get out, you'll know where to find me." the girl called out.

She started to move away from him.

He chased after her.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" he called out to the mysterious girl.

No matter how much he ran she seemed to be moving farther away and not getting any closer. It was as if he was running in place.

"Why won't you explain?!" he shouted after her.

She turned around and all he could see were her eyes, they emitted a red glow. Crow stood shocked as she replied to his question, "You'll find out what I mean when you get out."

She turned back around and kept walking. Crow was frozen, his body unable to move a muscle.

"What the he-"

Crow jumped into a sitting position before he could finish the sentence. His heart was beating at a wild pace. He put his hand on his chest trying to calm down and took deep breaths.

Who could have that been? Those eyes! There's no doubt about it, they were red! What is she?!

He laid back down after five minutes of deep breathing and stared at the ceiling.

He heard the voice before but didn't know from where. It definitely wasn't any of his exes. He would've recognized their voice right away if it was. Maybe it was the cute nurse from yesterday? No it couldn't have been, she works here. She wouldn't tell him to try to look for her after getting out of the hospital if she worked there. The mysterious silhouette had to have been someone outside the hospital. Maybe someone I met at the mall. Then it hit him. The silhouette was her. It had to be.