40. Riddles and Lakes

~ The company continues their journey and makes camp by a lake. Wynne has plans. ~

40. Riddles and Lakes

"I'm glad they decided to let you come." Wynne smiled at the woman riding next to her with an orcling in front.

"I can be stubborn," Sidra smirked.

"Very," Nugu agreed with emphasis.

Wynne chuckled. It was great to finally be on the road again. She had forgotten how good it felt to ride with the open sky above, the sound of birds and crickets around her and the smell of earth and growing plants in her nostrils. And of course Vatna's smooth motions under her.

She would miss Sidra's bathtub though, and nice meals at a real table, but that was a small price to pay.

Nevertheless, the farewell had been a sad occasion. Their kind hosts had captured their hearts in the short time they had known them. Or perhaps not so short; they had spent many weeks in the uruk-hai abode, sharing meals, exercising together, enjoying pleasant evenings of music, games and conversation. Nodir and Bronedir in particular had become good friends with several of the uruk-hai, and not a few tears from both parties had been discreetly wiped off when they parted.

Wynne had naturally found the last days of their stay the most enjoyable. Legolas had come to her every night since that first one, and they had shared many kisses, albeit less passionate than she – and he too, she knew – wanted. It had simply been too risky with everybody so close, and the elves' hearing was uncanny.

All had gone along nicely until yesterday when Wynne had decided to take it a little further and pulled up Legolas' shirt to slide her hand underneath. The skin of his bare chest had been softer than a foal's muzzle; her fantasies had not made the feeling justice at all, not even close.

But then Legolas mimicked her action, letting a palm find its way to her breast, and that ruined the moment. Wynne had involuntarily flinched, causing him to hastily snatch his hand back with a whispered "sorry".

Her cheeks heated up just thinking about it. It was embarrassing, but infuriating as well, that her body would react that way. Most angry she was at the damn orc who had groped her. Somehow Legolas' touch brought back the memory of her capture, even though this had been nothing like that time. She wanted him to caress her breast, and every other part he wished to explore.

She had not been able to explain that, however, not when they must be silent, so she had kissed him again and hoped he would not be too put off by her reaction. And thankfully It didn't seem so, for he had kissed her back with the usual fervor.

Next time she would put his hand back to her breast, showing him it was alright while also teaching herself to associate the feeling with him instead of a long-dead orc. She wondered when the next time might be, though; iIt would be a lot harder to find moments alone now that he would be sharing tents with his father again.