chapter seven

The next day, Anna and I woke up to the aroma of mom's freshly baked cake bread.
I jumped down from the bed and my sister followed behind.

"The last person is a rotten egg", I yelled and dashed out of the room.

Anna come running after me, we ran downstairs but found her giving the first slice to dad.

"No," we screamed.

Mom asked us to seat and have breakfast.
Dad looks at our faces and makes a silly expression on his face.

We couldn't hold our laughter, and we all chuckled together.
Mom brought out the bread from the oven and gave my sister and me two slices each.

We were both eating when a parcel came home.
The mailman gave us an invitation to an art gallery tonight, hosted by Christain himself.

It hasn't been an hour since the mailman left,  a worker from the Hernandez family came with lots of gift bags.

One of the gifts was specifically for my sister. Anna collected her bag and left the room.
I picked up mine and dashed in after her.
Christain gifted her a gown, a lace gown with gold stones behind it.
There was also a romantic note written as well.
If I didn't know who Christain is, I would have said, he is the right man for my sister, but unfortunately, I do know his true character.

Evening. We were all dressed for the party, Christain sends his driver to pick us up from home.
Anna sat beside me until the car stopped at the art gallery.

The room was filled with so many people, I figured some of them were either, Christian friends or business partners.

Speak of the devil, he walks out of the crowd and welcomed my parents, Anna went with him right after mom glanced at her.

Christain introduced Anna as his wife-to-be.

what a show-off.

There was a problem with my dress, so I went to the dressing room to fix it, while I did that, Christain dragged my sister out of the party.

I came back unable to find them.
Where could they be?.
I searched for them until Anna's voice was heard calling for help

"Get your filthy hands off my sister", I got Anna and forcefully dragged her away.

"You don't listen do you?", Christian said,

I  reminded him of the promise I made the other day at his house, but in return, he also reminded me of his promise to me.

"How about I fulfill mine is now"
Christain said and asked us to come back to the party and see the magic he performs.

Hurriedly we rushed from there, Christian walks to the podium and gave a shocking announcement

" Ladies and gentlemen may I get your attention please?" he said.

Everyone stop what they were doing and paid attention to him.

" Today is not just going to be an art show but also the engagement party, between Anna and myself  ".
He expressed.

My sister and I  stood there dumbfounded, we never expected him to do such a thing, I turned to mom and dad, hoping they don't conform to what he said, but unfortunately, they both agreed.

Christan slowly walks down and took Anna away.

Anna looks at me from the crowd.
There was nothing I can do. Since mom and dad had agreed to get them engaged, there's nothing I can do to stop this engagement.

After the party, the chauffeur took us home, Anna got down from the car the minute we reached.
My parents had no idea why she left in such a manner, despite being engaged, and I am not willing to give them an explanation

I got to the room, Anna was lying down on the bed crying.
"Leave me, alone sister," she threw a pillow at me.

"No, why didn't you stop the engagement?"," I answered back to her.

"No, I couldn't have done anything" Anna faced her head down again.

it's exhausting to watch her cry when she has the power to end all this charade once and for all.

"Tell me, sister, why are you marrying Christain?"
I pulled her up from the bed.

" I don't know", Anna pulled her hands away.

I left her inside the room and sat on the balcony when she came to find me.

Anna explained a shocking reason as to why she's hell-bent on destroying her life.
And that reason has a lot to do with our mom and dad.
My sister thinks getting married to Christain will help her pay back everything our parents have done for her.

Yes! I do understand what she means, however getting married to a man who isn't for her, will mean she's signing her death sentence.
I love my parents, but I will never sacrifice my happiness just to please them. Never.

I begged Anna not to consent to this marriage, but unfortunately, her mind has been made up, my sister is adamant about getting married to a horrible man like Christain Hernandez, just to please our parents.