chapter twenty three

That same day, my sister came home.
She saw Christian on the balcony and almost made away with the bags I had asked her to come with.
Thankfully, I sight her from my bedroom.
Christain went ahead and asked her what she was doing here.
I heard that and as much as I wouldn't want us to fight again. Anna takes out her hand and pointed at me.
Christain saw me and left.

Anna walked with me. She kept staring until we got into the bedroom.
"How are you doing sister?".
She placed the bags on the ground and grabbed my hand.

The reason why Anna asked this is because she thinks Christain might be giving me a hard time.
However, on the contrary, we are both trying to get on each other's nerves.
"Everything is fine sister,".
We walked to the bed to seat
I made Anna spend some time alone with me. There was no one to talk with, since mom and dad might as well, disowned me for marrying my sister's husband.

Anna admitted to the fact that my mom was still angry with me and my dad as well.
My parent's anger is justified.
Who wouldn't be, after all, the shock must be grave to them.
However, how do I tell them that I did everything to save my sister?
Christain isn't a nice person, Anna will never be happy if she did get married to him.

Anna says she wants to leave.
I followed her downstairs. She and I hugged each other and I watched her get into the cab at the gate.

Back at home.

Mom interrogated Anna as soon as she got home, even though she knew the answer to that question.
Mom knew that Anna came to see me. Yet, decided to ask.

Anna didn't have to lie to her, she told mom the entire truth.

Why?"
Mom furiously raises a question.

Anna made mom realize that she had no resentment towards me.
Mom as usual created a huge scene.

Anna grunts and left her talking to herself.

Back at Hernandez mansion

I was busy resting when Christain hit the door open with his legs.
He asked me to leave.
I heard what he said, however, chose not to alter a single word.

"Leave "
He tries dragging me off but the moment he tried that, I pulled out a knife under the pillow to scare him.
Yes. I might have been sleeping with a knife underneath my pillow.

"Lisa, don't you dare,".
Christain pulled away. Looking at his hand above his head.

"Now be a good boy and leave" I got down and slowly approached him.

Christain left the door and I slammed the door and had it locked as well

He didn't like that, and so yelled outside the door.
He went further into trying to break down the door, I hope that he did, after all, the mansion belongs to him and not me.

It was midnight and the weather was cold, I figured he must be frosting out there, although I would love to see him freeze, I wasn't as heartless as he was, and thus I walked out of the room with a blanket in my hand.