chapter eighteen

The wedding preparation began to take place, and everyone at home, including my aunt, and uncle was all busy with the preparation.
My dad was in charge of sending the cards out to guests, which was my job to do, however, when I swore never to get involved, mom bared me from doing anything.

As usual, she tagged it to be jealousy but trust me I didn't care about her opinion, she was always so fast to judge when it comes to me, but it was something I have become used to.

I walked out of the house and saw my sister sited alone, lost in her thought,  she didn't even notice when I came there.

"Thinking won't solve anything" 
I held her shoulders.
She turns to me and smiled. Of cause that smile doesn't hold in the fact that my sister is making a huge mistake.

"That's all I got to do, think of how my life will be with a man like Christain" she replied.

"And trust me, it will be hellish" I whispered to her ears and walked away.

Two weeks came by the speed of light,  and Anna prepares for her wedding, more like a death sentence.

I sauntered in, and she was dressed like a bride yet looked so sad.

"Let's go".
I muttered to her.

we all left for the church, on our way Anna kept quiet, even when her bride's maids try to make her smile, she didn't move.

A few hours later, we got out of the car, everyone was waiting for us at the church, but unexpectedly Anna refused to get down.

"Get down" I yelled.

she refused and asked me to get back in.

I got in and asked her what was going on. Deep down I felt something was strange.

"I don't think I can marry him" she after spending some time alone with her thoughts.

It's good that she said those words I've been dying for her too, however, it's too late to back down.

"You can't back down now, it's too late" I muttered.
She grabbed my hand.
"Help me please, I won't last a day with him," Anna said, glaring at me

Her hands were shaking with fear, and that alone made me think of helping her.

Right there, I decided to take the place of my sister and marry a man, I had no feelings for, all I could think of was saving her.

Anna and I  swapped places with me, I had to cover my face with the veil and we went to the church.

There was not much difference between us,  I walked into the church, beholding family, friends and my parents sited there.

Dad grabbed my hands and took me to Christian, while he left I hope he doesn't feel something strange.

Christain glanced at me, suspiciously but later redraw his gaze to the priest.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here in holy matrimony to join Anna Lopez and Christain Hernandez in one union"

The priest altered out, as we all paid attention to him.