Drive

Caroline follows me out a little while later, "Come on then, we'll probably there by nightfall" she smiles. "You can spend then night there if you want" I suggest as we get into the car, "Maybe" she smiles and turns on the radio as we drive off. I look around the car and notice Chase isn't here yet, and I can't feel his presence so he's not on the roof of the car either. "Ok he's not here yet, how long has he been following me?" I ask Caroline who bursts out in laughter, "Since you came to the house" she grins, "Great" I say rolling my eye's. I notice Chase's presence getting closer and sigh, "Well here he comes" I laugh and Caroline just sits there smiling. I don't see him in the car so he must be on the roof, "I'll humor it this one time" I whisper to Caroline who's smile widens. "Ah to be young" she laughs, "Ah to be old" I smirk and she playfully smacks my arm. "Thanks for this Caroline" I smile,"No problem" she grins. 
After a while of chatting and listening to music we make a stop and Caroline goes to the bathroom, "You still up there?" I laugh as I lean back in my seat, "Nope" Chase laughs as he jumps off the car roof and into the car and sits on me. "Getting heavy, you might want to lay off these" I smirk as I hand him a chocolate bar that he was looking at in the store. "Hey!" he laughs and takes the chocolate from me, "I knew it! I knew you saw me" he laughs as he eats, "I did yes" I grin and he feeds me a piece of the chocolate, "Yummy!" I smile happily. "Sit properly" Caroline laughs as she climbs back into the car, "Fine" Chase whines as he climbs into the backseat, "Next time i'm calling shotgun" he grins "I'd like to see you try" I smirk. "Bring it on!" he laughs and Caroline just shakes her head at us. After about an hour or so, I start to get sleepy, "Have a nap Dess" Caroline smiles at me and I shake my head, "No...Need to stay up...Talk to you..." I mummble, "I'll be fine, I have Chase and the radio" she smiles and ruffles my hair. "But-" I start to say but eventually sleep takes over and I surrender and fall into a deep sleep.

"Thanks for giving her a ride" Chase say leaning over and putting a blanket around Destany, "Well it's not like she'd be able to get all these on the train by herself now would she" she smiles, "That would be quite funny" Chase grins and Caroline smacks him on the head lightly. "Maybe you should get some sleep, we'll be there soon" she smiles and he nods. "Thank you Caroline" he says one last time before curling up on the back seat like a small animal. "Such small children, such big responsibilities" Caroline whispers, "So strong" she smiles and drives on hoping that these kids will be alright. She knows they're stronger than her, but they're still only children. "I love you as if you were my own children" she smiles as she looks at their sleeping faces. "Be safe" she says as she drives towards the forest that seems to have it's own pulse that gets stronger as they get nearer.