The Lost Surfer

The next day... In Jessica's house...

The Dolphin Team Including Izabel were in the living room. Everyone was upset about yesterday's surfing competition that they had decided to accompany Jessica, for the loss of Jaden. Everyone was quiet, except for the TV that was turned on, and on the news channel.

"Breaking News! Due to yesterday's surfing competition incident, there has been news about the incident of losing another surfer in Coral Reef Beach. As we all know the Dolphin Surfing Team had lost another surfer, 17 year old Jaden, who was also known as "The Rookie Dolphin" was defined missing yesterday during a surfing competition. Now some rescue searchers are still looking for him." said the news commentator, as he looks at the camera.

Jessica puts her head down, as Mrs. Mica sides hugs her. Smooth talk Ken then sighs, as Teddy Gok looks at him, Jessica, Mrs. Mica, Izabel, Sydney, Katie, and at the TV screen. And sighs.

"And here we have Jeff, one of the surfing competition commentator's from yesterday's surfing incident. Jeff, welcome to our news." said the news commentator, as he looks at Jeff who was sitting across from him.

"Hello, everyone." said Jeff, as he looked at the camera.

"Jeff, so tell us... What did you see yesterday and today, was there any improvement?" said the news commentator, as he looked at Jeff.

"Well, there were many improvements, today I went to see Zack at the hospital today and he explained to me that The Rookie Dolphin saved him from the giant wave. And what Zack, had also told me was that he admitted that he broke something on Jaden's surfboard when he bumped into him, however he didn't knew what it was." said Jeff

"And what was it?" said the news commentator, as he looked at Jeff.

"His fin from his surfboard." said Jeff

"Oh, wow. So, no wonder he couldn't move." said the news commentator, as he looks at Jeff.

"Yeah, Zack also said that he saw how the waves took Jaden to the coral reefs, when he was paddling to the shore." said Jeff

"So... What news do you have about Zack." said the news commentator, as he looks at Jeff

"He's disqualified from the competition and suspended as well." said Jeff

"So, how did he respond?" said the news commentator, as he looked at Jeff.

"After I told him that he said that it seemed fair." said Jeff

"Well, I hate to say this, but we are going into a commercial break. But we will be right back." said the news commentator, as the channel goes on a commercial break.

Just then the TV screen gets an incoming facetime call from Sergeant Josh.

"Uh oh." said Smooth talk Ken, as he looked at the TV screen.

"He's not going to like the news." said Jessica, as she and the others look at the TV screen.

"Who is it?" said Katie

"It's Jaden's father. Sergeant Josh." said Jessica, as she looks at Katie.

"Come on, let's go outside, so that the two of them can talk." said Teddy Gok, as he starts to walk towards the front door.

"Why don't you guys go to the backyard. It's much better." said Jessica, as she looks at the others.

"Come on this way." said Mrs. Mica, as she goes to the backsliding door and opens it so that the others can follow her.

As the others follow Mrs. Mica to the backyard. Mrs. Mica then closes the screen door. As the others are standing on the patio shade.

"Grandmother, did you just close the door with the screen door, so that you can listen to their conversation?" said Smooth talk Ken, as he looked at Mrs. Mica.

"Yes, yes, now shh..." said Mrs. Mica

Both Teddy Gok and Smooth talk Ken then sigh. As Izabel looks at Sydney being comforted by Katie, on the other side of the lawn.

"It's okay Katie." said Sydney, as she hugs Katie.

"I should have told him that I loved him. Maybe that would've changed everything. Syd, why did this happen?" said Katie, as she dries her tears with a tissue.

"There's still hope, that he's okay." said Sydney

Meanwhile back inside of Jessica's house, Jessica then answers Sargent Josh's facetime call.

"Hey, hey. How's my loveable wife? Where's my scout? I want to congratulate him." said sargent Josh, as he looks at Jessica, in a happy mood.

"Josh... Jaden... He's -" said Jessica

"He's celebrating isn't he! I knew it! I knew it!" said Sergeant Josh, as he cuts into Jessica's conversation.

"No Josh... he's not celebrating, he's... -" said Jessica

"Of course he is! Don't tried to hide that surprise face with me Jessica!" said Sargent Josh

"JOSH! Can you listen to me for once! Jaden is not here and he's not celebrating!" yelled Jessica

"What?! Why?" said Sargent Josh

"Because... He's gone..." said Jessica

"What happen to him." said Sargent Josh

"There was an accident in yesterday's surfing competition. And... he saved another surfer from a wave. They found pieces of his surfboard, but they didn't found Jaden." said Jessica

"Oh... Why... Why! WHY! DIDN'T YOU STOPPED HIM?! WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP HIM FROM SURFING!!!" yelled Sargent Josh

"BECAUSE, HE WAS FOLLOWING YOUR ORDERS!!! HE FOLLOWED YOUR ORDERS THAT YOU TOLD HIM YESTERDAY! FOR YOUR IGNORANCE, HE TRIED TO WARN YOU BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO HIM!!! AND NOW YOUR TRYING TO BLAME HIS DISAPPEARANCE ON ME! WHEN WE BOTH KNOW THE TRUTH!" yelled Jessica

"YOUR RIGHT!... Your right... It is my fault. I was just going to inform him that I was finally coming home in about a few weeks but... now since he's not here... I don't know whether to stay or to go. I'm sorry Jessica, maybe I was a little too hard on him." said Sargent Josh

"A little? You treat him like a soldier, instead of like a son. All he wanted was for you to be impressed by him, to be proud of him. But, I guess he... he's not going to receive it." said Jessica

Meanwhile, outside in Jessica's backyard...

"Why? Why, Jaden?" said Teddy Gok, as he looks at the clouds.

Mrs. Mica then starts to sniff and cry.

"Aw, grandmother. You're crying again." said Smooth talk Ken, as he looks at his grandmother who was standing next to the doorway.

"It's just... just... these father and son, situations remind me of so many years in the past." said Mrs. Mica, as she wipes her tears away.

Smooth talk Ken then hugs his grandmother, as the others join in.