Chapter 19 ✔️

Dear Diary

People have different kinds of ways to let off some steam. Some exercise, some dance, some eat and some just sleep it off. Another great way, according to Emily, is going to a music festival with a group of friends. She's always one to get a group together and head out to the unknown. This time she is dragging us all to the annual Spring Music Festival just an hour out of town somewhere on a farm. It kind of sounds like fun. Let's hope nothing bad happens. Oh who am I kidding? Something bad always happens.

~Ally

" Road trip!" Emily yells over the call that is connected with the bluetooth in Tyler's car.

" It's an hour away Em. Not that far." I chuckle as I pack away my diary.

Tyler agrees as he too chuckles before making a left turn to head out of town. I pray to God that he knows the way to the farm.

" I can't help it. I'm just soooooo excited!" Emily shrieks.

I hear a few complaints coming from Trish and Samantha that are in the backseat of Emily's convertible. I don't blame them. Asthon tried to get Emily to leave her car and go with his but she didn't want to hear it. The poor guy is probably scarred by now.

" I'll see you in an hour. Bye Em and drive-" the call ends leaving the music to come back up and fill the car.

I shake my head in disapproval. How dare she just hang up on me? It might as well have been my last words to her and she just cut it off. We're gonna have a serious chat.

" Road trip! " Mason yells from behind us.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that someone decided to tag along. I should've gone with my own car but I'm not planning on staying sober tonight.

The last two weeks have been hectic. From studying my ass off to trying to cope with stuff going on back at home. It's exhausting. In these past two weeks I've only heard from mom once and it was when she called to tell me dad moved out so that I won't freak out when I popped by. After that she hasn't called again and when I send her a text she doesn't reply. It worries me because she never acts like this. I don't like her breathing on my neck 24/7 but I don't like her ghosting me like this. I just hope some of her family steps up and helps her through this tough time. She has a sister that lives close by but they aren't on speaking terms and I don't think mom will appreciate me trying to cheer her up for many reasons. So I'll just leave it to the people over there. Right now I'm going to take advantage of not being watched closely and enjoy my life. Even if Mason is in it.

" I thought you said you were going to stay quiet the entire time." I snap as I turn around and glare at Mason.

The deal was that he could tag along because he wants to get wasted and not have to worry about getting home but he can't say a word the entire way. It seemed reasonable if you ask me.

" I just had to. " he defends himself.

I roll my eyes and decide on ignoring him. The music drowns the silence in the car as I focus my attention on the trees passing by. Tyler is surprisingly quiet. I wonder what is up with him? After the day we babysat Tayla, Emily's niece, we've been hanging out more. I can now tolerate him a little seeing as he isn't constantly flirting and that way he can also keep an closer eye on me to check if I'm not smoking. It's day 18 of not smoking. I feel fine. I'm actually really proud of myself.

" Are we there yet?" Mason whines after 10 minutes.

" No."

The car goes silent again as we listen to the sweet sound of BTS. Man I love their music. I didn't at the start but after watching them dance on The Late Late Show By James Corden I've been obsessed.