Chapter 37 ✔️

" You came back!" Hayley shrieks as I climb out of Tyler's car.

" Why wouldn't I?" I question her while stretching out my aching limbs due to being stuck in a car for 8 hours.

The drive here wasn't as bad as expected. Like the previous time Tyler kept on complaining about being hungry even though I made sure to stop at Target to get enough snacks to feed a village and when he wasn't complaining about being hungry then he was complaining about getting cold. Tough love.

" Well I just assumed Tyler fucked things up the night before you left -"

" Language Hayley." Tyler's mom, Rachelle, scolds her daughter as she walks towards us.

She pulls me into a tight hug and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

" It's good to have you back Ally. " she whispers into my ear before moving on to pull her son into a death grip.

Shortly after, Tyler's dad, George, came out and greeted us before allowing the staff to take in our luggage. We are staying here for the next 10 days so I didn't pack light. I feel bad for the two having to carry my luggage all the way to the room where I'll be staying at.

" You guys must be hungry." Rachelle says as we enter the kitchen. It smells so good in here.

" Starving." Tyler comments making me roll my eyes.

As if he didn't eat his weight on the way here.

" Lunch will be served in 5 minutes." a short middle aged woman dressed in a maid uniform informs us as we all sit down around the large dining table.

I definitely missed the unlimited supply of food we get here and I'm sure Tyler would agree with me.

For the reminder of the day Tyler and I did as little as possible seeing as we were exhausted from the trip. We at least got more time to spend on catching up with his parents and me getting to know them a little better. Hayley was like a little excited bunny hopping after me everywhere I go. It's funny to think about the first time when we met and how she didn't like me at all.

You didn't like her as well.

That might be true but let's rather focus on where we are now.

***

Christmas shopping for the Andersons is harder than I thought it was going to be. What do you buy for someone when they already have everything they want? Exactly my point.

What is even harder than the shopping on its own, is to do it with Hayley. She insists on going into every shop we pass. There are a lot of shops in the mall where we are currently at.

Damn you Tyler for meeting up with a few friends today and then leaving me with your sister.

" We need to go into that shop!" Hayley shrieks.

" Do I have a choice?" I groan as Hayley basically drags me into the hundredth clothing store since we got here.

So far I've only gotten Tyler's mom a present. I saw a delicate golden chain with a matching bracelet that I thought fits her personality. It's not much but hopefully she appreciates the thought. Tyler already knows what his gift is so that only leaves his, dad and sister. At least I'm halfway through the Andersons.

" Look at this dress." Hayley gasps as her hand flows over a rose gold silk dress that a maniquine is modeling. It's a pretty dress that's for sure.