Chapter 47 ✔️

" Urg." I groan as a sharp bolt of pain shoots through my head.

I try and move my head into another position but it doesn't seem to ease the pain even a little bit.

" Allison. " I hear my name being called.

Why is this person yelling my name? Last time I checked my ears were still working perfectly fine, literally but definitely not figuratively.

I lightly shake my head to warn the other person that I'm in no mood to talk. I just want to continue to sleep in my warm and comfy bed. When did I get new pillows? These feel so soft. Probably Emily who was trying to be nice.

" Allison ." I hear the same voice call my name again.

Are you kidding me? Can't they see the pain I'm going through?

" Stop talking for heaven's sake." I groan in frustration. I notice my throat is completely dry which is why my voice sounds so hoarse.

That's a side effect from having a hangover.

Wait when did I drink?

" Allison open your eyes." the same person demands.

" Damn you are pushy. " I whisper, not being able to raise my voice higher because of the dryness.

I might as well get up and fetch something to drink.

Slowly my eyes start to open. Like always it gets blinded by the sun streaming in from the window.

" God I have a bad hangover." I whine still not fully opening my eyes.

Why does the dorm smell so clean?

" It's not a hangover. It's a concussion."

My eyes fly open by the person's statement. My breath gets stuck in my throat when I see who has been trying to get me to open my eyes.

" Mom?" I whisper in total disbelief.

That explains why the person was being so pushy.

My eyes wonder around the unfamiliar room. It suddenly settles upon me that I'm in a hospital room.

What am I doing in a hospital room?

Beeping from my left catches my attention. There are a few monitors positioned next to me. I have a drip on my left arm which is connected to a plastic bag filled with see-through liquid.

" Welcome back to the land of the living." my mother greets me sarcastically.

Numerous of questions start flooding my head but I can't seem to put them in words.

" What happened?" I ask as a shiver runs down my spine.

" You were in a car accident. " my mother replies in monotone.

A few glimpses of the said accident starts going through my mind. I remeber seeing bright lights from my left side before complete darkness.

" It's a miracle that you got out with only a light concussion and a few fractured ribs. You could have died Allison" she continues.

I take in a sharp breath and feel a sting sensation coming from my ribs. The concussion also explains why I'm having a headache sent from hell.

This is just perfect.

" How long was I out for? "

My mom's eyes try to avoid mine as she focuses them on the little television that is set up against the wall.

" You've been in and out for the past 2 days. The doctors say it's because of the oxycodone that helps to relief your pain." she answers after a while.