Chapter 40 ✔️

" I can't believe it. I asked you guys to do one thing for me. One. Yet you all managed to screw it up within a matter of 3 hours. Tyler and Clark, why you are covered in melted chocolate? I don't even want to know but you manged to spill chocolate all over this room which led to a few people slipping and injuring themselves. Hayley, how you managed to fall into the Christmas tree and have fairy lights wrapped around you, God only knows and Allison, why are you wet and covered in feathers? " Rachelle cries out in pure anger.

This night did not turn out as planned.

At all.

*** 3 hours earlier ***

By now the party was in full swing. Most of the guest have shown up by now and are busy getting entertained by the christmas music playing out loud over the sound system that the Anderson's have set up in their ballroom.

I was shook to see a giant chocolate fountain placed in the one corner of the room with marshmallows surrounding it. That's definitely a stop that I'll have to make before the end of the night.

" May I have this dance?" I hear Tyler's voice against my ear.

I nod almost immediately before he turns me around and wraps his arm around my waist. We begin moving slowly back and forth to the rhythm of the music. It feels good to just be here in his arms while his scent is filling up my nostrils. I wish my deodorant could last as long as his does. He always smells so damn good.

" Have I mentioned that you look absolutely breathtaking? " he whispers into my ear after a few seconds of dancing.

" You might have mentioned it." I chuckle and step out of his embrace for a little spin with my hand wrapped around his.

"I-"

" There you are man! I've been looking everywhere for you." someone interrupts Tyler from behind me.

I know exactly who that voice belongs to.

James.

" Then you haven't looked everywhere because I've been here since the party started." Tyler chuckles as his grip around me dissappears and he pulls James into one of those manly hugs.

" Oh you brought your tutor along - again." he laughs awkwardly when his eyes land on mine.

I have to keep back the urge to roll my eyes. Hopefully Tyler upgraded me to a friend status.

" She - she's a friend of mine - and tutor." Tyler quickly answers.

Well at least I'm not only the tutor anymore.

This time I do roll my eyes and start walking away. There's no point in me staying seeing as I'm going to be treated like a ghost when his other friends decide to join in on the party.

I really hoped that things between me and Tyler would be a little more serious that he'd want me to meet his friends and hang out with them - not that I would have wanted to but it's the thought that counts.

Deciding to abandon the party I strud up the stairs towards the room I'm sleeping in. On my pillow I find the little black box Tyler gave to me. I'm so curious of what's inside. When looking at the time I realize it's only 8pm now and midnight is still a few hours away.